PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

And would you have been comfortable sending your kids into those changing rooms alone?
Id have no problem whatever as the cubicles are all seperate and the area is open so can even be seen from the pool area.

This might come as a surprise but the vast majority of people are not pervs who prey on kids, if it were so why do they not have massive problems in mainland europe where all this is the norm?

Ha they go on their own nowadays, mind you i doubt they use wetherspoons lol

You surely get my point though. Taking young daughters into toilets with a male presence is increasing the likelihood of exposure to paedophilia, drug use and violence to name just three things.

Not even mentioning the awful hygiene.
Id have no problem whatever as the cubicles are all seperate and the area is open so can even be seen from the pool area.

This might come as a surprise but the vast majority of people are not pervs who prey on kids, if it were so why do they not have massive problems in mainland europe where all this is the norm?

Oh, so you're going on about using a private changing room? Take a look in the male changing room of any gym and tell me you're comfortable with your daughters getting changed in there.

It's about your kids feeling comfortable and not placing them in unnecessary danger. That's like saying you'd let your 4 year old child go to the park alone because the vast majority of people don't abduct children.

You surely get my point though. Taking young daughters into toilets with a male presence is increasing the likelihood of exposure to paedophilia, drug use and violence to name just three things.

Not even mentioning the awful hygiene.

Oh, so you're going on about using a private changing room? Take a look in the male changing room of any gym and tell me you're comfortable with your daughters getting changed in there.

It's about your kids feeling comfortable and not placing them in unnecessary danger. That's like saying you'd let your 4 year old child go to the park alone because the vast majority of people don't abduct children.
letting your 4 year old go alone would be irresponsible and very poor parenting. Not the best example.

PS, if i went to an establishment where i thought the hygiene was poor I wouldnt be returning and certainly wouldnt be taking my kids there.

Have to say that when my kids were young a pub is the last place i would have taken them. Gladly things have changed in a whole lot of family friendly establishments that now exist.

letting your 4 year old go alone would be irresponsible and very poor parenting. Not the best example.

PS, if i went to an establishment where i thought the hygiene was poor I wouldnt be returning and certainly wouldnt be taking my kids there.

Have to say that when my kids were young a pub is the last place i would have taken them. Gladly things have changed in a whole lot of family friendly establishments that now exist.

That's my whole point. Most reasonable people would suggest taking your daughters into male bathrooms would be irresponsible and poor parenting.

I've no issue with private cubicles as suggested, but the issue with toilets is there's always a communal area and quite often groups of individuals.

And it's OK for you to say that you wouldn't return to an establishment, but a lot of people have less choice than us. I'm worried about what their kids would be exposed to as well.

That's my whole point. Most reasonable people would suggest taking your daughters into male bathrooms would be irresponsible and poor parenting.

I've no issue with private cubicles as suggested, but the issue with toilets is there's always a communal area and quite often groups of individuals.

And it's OK for you to say that you wouldn't return to an establishment, but a lot of people have less choice than us. I'm worried about what their kids would be exposed to as well.
you see, again, when my daughters were young, i had little choice than take them in male toilets. Again no problem as they were in a locked cubicle out of sight. No issue whatever. It was either that or i took them in the ladies loos.

And thats the point, private cubicles in a mixed area, no problem whatever. Its how its done in europe yet here its seen as somehow, "Dirty!"

you see, again, when my daughters were young, i had little choice than take them in male toilets. Again no problem as they were in a locked cubicle out of sight. No issue whatever. It was either that or i took them in the ladies loos.

And thats the point, private cubicles in a mixed area, no problem whatever. Its how its done in europe yet here its seen as somehow, "Dirty!"

Exceptional circumstances are exceptional circumstances, not something that should be made normal. I know my Dad also did the same for my sister, but never felt comfortable doing so and would always give the responsibility to my mum if she was present.

And I've been to plenty of European countries and never come across a mixed toilet in an establishment.

Exceptional circumstances are exceptional circumstances, not something that should be made normal. I know my Dad also did the same for my sister, but never felt comfortable doing so and would always give the responsibility to my mum if she was present.

And I've been to plenty of European countries and never come across a mixed toilet in an establishment.
But they wouldnt need to go into mens loos, would they?

Theyd be going into a communal area with cubicles and wash basins.

No problem.

In fact, when you think about it, the vast majority of disabled facilities are communal.

But they wouldnt need to go into mens loos, would they?

Theyd be going into a communal area with cubicles and wash basins.

No problem.

In fact, when you think about it, the vast majority of disabled facilities are communal.

Currently you are far more likely to witness drug use and violence in male toilets than you are in female toilets. I've been in lovely restaurants and witnessed both in their male toilets.

Inviting those males into a communal area means that young girls will have to experience that at rates far higher than currently.

Your idea of having a private toilet and wash basin would solve the issue for me but I would argue that most establishments don't have the space required and so it's largely unachievable.

And that's very different from communal toilets.

Currently you are far more likely to witness drug use and violence in male toilets than you are in female toilets. I've been in lovely restaurants and witnessed both in their male toilets.

Inviting those males into a communal area means that young girls will have to experience that at rates far higher than currently.

Your idea of having a private toilet and wash basin would solve the issue for me but I would argue that most establishments don't have the space required and so it's largely unachievable.

And that's very different from communal toilets.
Youre making a very good case for unisex loos, in fairness, far better than me. :)

Wouldn't be difficult because yours is bloody awful......... Just ask yourself why most of the public bogs in Preston were shut down.. Daft and very dangerous argument that you are making Phil...
Im sure, like me, you will remember when the town centre public loos all had attendants in them. We cant be paying people to provide a public service can we?

Now tell me why most were closed down?

Im sure, like me, you will remember when the town centre public loos all had attendants in them. We cant be paying people to provide a public service can we?

Now tell me why most were closed down?

God forbid :)........... And you know as well as i do why they were closed down.. Mainly gay men issues...Not sure that's a good reason to advocate mixed bogs though.. But crack on if you want , it'll only cause more problems in my view. Pervs will be attracted to any source where their perversions and fantasies can be lived out for real... There's some proper weirdos out there and I really don't think we should be encouraging them or giving them opportunities.