PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

An open letter to the custodians of Preston North End Football Club, from fan groups and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shout 😁 would like to modify as follows:

We pay our Tax Bill,
Our club has no frills,
We're Preston North End,
Our ambition is nil.
Keep it simpler

We paid our tax bill
We paid our tax bill
We're Preston North End
We paid our tax bill

Just want to add my thanks to those behind this- a very well put together that addresses some legitimate concerns that people may have but is done in a very constructive and respectful manner.

I think the tone of the letter was bang on from the very beginning as it was addressed to "the custodians of PNE" which is exactly right. Too many people are deluded that this is somehow a business that is there to make a profit for the owners or that there is some mysterious scam that means all the funding is got back in tax. I have always maintained the football club is a community asset, and whatever the owners put in is a 'donation' to that asset. The chances of making a positive return are considerably less than sticking your money on the 2.30 at Kempton Park.

The letter has got the response it deserved from the club - and the signatories have the chance to be heard. Thank you also to those putting themselves forward - it is a thankless task. Much like the flag organisation. There are some people in life who will only ever see and speak negatives ( I guarantee they will not put themselves forward- they exist only to criticise others ), so be prepared for some stick but just ignore it I would say. You have my support and that of the majority of the fanbase whilst you maintain that tone. Those who cant see past 'Hemmings out' without a better plan B are not really worthy of having a serious debate with in my view.

It ultimately boils down to 2 key questions- how much are the owners prepared to put in to subsidise the club losses, and who has a say in how those funds are allocated. I have always advocated some form of supporter involvement on the board. Even a cursory review of this message board will show there are requests to fix the Town End roof, invest in an academy, buy new strikers, renew Liam Lindsays contract etc etc. It is likely that all these cannot be done within the level of the funding the custodians are prepared to provide. So the club either finds custodians who would put more in (extremely unlikely) or it prioritises with supporter involvement . Improved communication about the latter would I believe improve supporter relations. Though again be prepared for those who will simply up sticks and say the club has no ambition if everything cannot be done.

Well said, completely agree, particularly regarding the efforts of the fans involved with this.

Thanks so much to everyone involved, incredibly grateful for your efforts.

Just want to add my thanks to those behind this- a very well put together that addresses some legitimate concerns that people may have but is done in a very constructive and respectful manner.

I think the tone of the letter was bang on from the very beginning as it was addressed to "the custodians of PNE" which is exactly right. Too many people are deluded that this is somehow a business that is there to make a profit for the owners or that there is some mysterious scam that means all the funding is got back in tax. I have always maintained the football club is a community asset, and whatever the owners put in is a 'donation' to that asset. The chances of making a positive return are considerably less than sticking your money on the 2.30 at Kempton Park.

The letter has got the response it deserved from the club - and the signatories have the chance to be heard. Thank you also to those putting themselves forward - it is a thankless task. Much like the flag organisation. There are some people in life who will only ever see and speak negatives ( I guarantee they will not put themselves forward- they exist only to criticise others ), so be prepared for some stick but just ignore it I would say. You have my support and that of the majority of the fanbase whilst you maintain that tone. Those who cant see past 'Hemmings out' without a better plan B are not really worthy of having a serious debate with in my view.

It ultimately boils down to 2 key questions- how much are the owners prepared to put in to subsidise the club losses, and who has a say in how those funds are allocated. I have always advocated some form of supporter involvement on the board. Even a cursory review of this message board will show there are requests to fix the Town End roof, invest in an academy, buy new strikers, renew Liam Lindsays contract etc etc. It is likely that all these cannot be done within the level of the funding the custodians are prepared to provide. So the club either finds custodians who would put more in (extremely unlikely) or it prioritises with supporter involvement . Improved communication about the latter would I believe improve supporter relations. Though again be prepared for those who will simply up sticks and say the club has no ambition if everything cannot be done.
I'll bet "The owners put in 12m a season" is quoted by PR which of course is a half truth as that actually refers to Covid period. Hopefully the people attending will be prepared for the half truths and damn right lies which they will encounter. Hope Craig is honest with his answers regardless of whether they are unpalatable to either side.

Everybody welcome mark222 to the meeting.
club bdsm GIF
Prob take a bag of shite with him as well tbh good lad @222Mark

Think this should have been approved by followers on PNE Online before it was sent in tbf. I don‘t think its fully representative of all our followers. Most folk I know just go to watch PNE.

Think this should have been approved by followers on PNE Online before it was sent in tbf. I don‘t think its fully representative of all our followers. Most folk I know just go to watch PNE.

How would you have suggested they did that without it becoming public knowledge?

Whilst it won't speak for everyone on the forum its bloody obvious it speaks for the majority of current regular posters.

Most folk I know are bloody sick to death of us doing bugger all since 1961.

In fairness it does say it doesn’t claim to represent all views/members. This site is probably one of the few signees that did have some ability to gauge views not necessarily just on the letter before it was even considered.

Apart from starting some sort of online petition with individual signatories it was never going to be something with 100% backing. Almost like expecting each stand to have a consistent view of what is in front of them when you get a plethora of views when everyone is watching the same match. It’s a funny old game

We cannot ask eveybody pal. We stick to the great footballing minds that we have(like mine).. JK was able to gauge the views of buggers on here so he didn't need to ask eveybody individually. And asking everybody would have been sickening to the core and probably would have led to me fainting so stop kicking off mate it's all for the good of the club.

I've no idea if it represents the overall views of the wider fan base but judging from comments on this thread at least, it would certainly appear to be representative of the views of the majority of forum members.

Consensus on here and from the people I speak to away from the forum, is that the points raised were spot on.

I don't think we'll be going in there banging heads together but if we come away from the meeting with with answers to our questions and a strategy from the club on its plans for the future plus an ability to move forwards and communicate with the club in an honest and open way, I don't think anyone will complain.

I don't think we'll be going in there banging heads together but if we come away from the meeting with with answers to our questions and a strategy from the club on its plans for the future plus an ability to move forwards and communicate with the club in an honest and open way, I don't think anyone will complain.
Absolutely, I can’t see anything in the letter that people could object to.

Good shout 😁 would like to modify as follows:

We pay our Tax Bill,
Our club has no frills,
We're Preston North End,
Our ambition is nil.
Or
We pay our tax bill
Our club has no frills
Were Preston North End
We lose money each year

😉

Meeting full of yes men. Exactly what they want rather than addressing the actual problems.

Full of people who’ll be happy to be there and fall for the bullshite they spout
Lol, “ full of people that will be happy to be there “ foooooocking ell mate phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..,,,,,,,, talk about a wum !

Morning pal 😁 , not sure what I committed to last night but I have emails flooding in from strictly dancers ready to train me and @Flippin_lump lol 🤷‍♂️

Let’s not derail this thread we will get in “big trouble “ 🤣
Don't care if we get in BIG trouble lol let's have some fun baby 😂 so I will be expecting you and Mr @Flippin_lump on my TV soon then.

Status
Not open for further replies.