PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Millwall - 12/11/22 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Can’t say it’s a free hit and then wet the bed when we lose. 9th is a good position with the state of this squad

Evans slowly playing his way into a +1. Ryan Ledson playing his way into a transfer hopefully. Team let us down today

It’s is what it is. Move on, enjoy the break with the team in a good position. Imagine how the lashers are feeling
I didn’t say it was a free hit? It was a chance to establish ourselves in the top 6 which we fucked up as usual! Millwall at home is a winnable game!

Right, so we keep clean sheets but he gets no credit, and when concede it's his fault? Just checking.

No not at all. We’ve done well the last games before today and he gets credit. I’m still not convinced in him but that’s just my opinion.

Good game today, ended up a bit like men and boys, I have no idea if anyone has mentioned this because I have not looked, but what a very good side Millwall looked today, we gave it a good go to go toe to toe with them today and came off easily second best, we tried to out muscle overwhelm them and got shown how to do it !
Also they were away from home, lastly we lost the tactical battle of the managers too! Let's not forget, we are still there or there abouts and we won't meet quality and tenacity like that often!!
Their away records fantastic isn't it?!

I think PNE during this month Break need to look at the Strikers. and cover for other places. Lowe is not going anywhere. So use this Break and the friendlies to test a few out Non Contracted Players, see if there are any we could offer a short term Deals for December and give them a chance to earn a longer deal in January. No harm done, but we HAVE to address this now before the games come in fast over Christmas.
Well up the table, nothing will be spent until we are desperate and it's too late. The false ceiling was lowered weeks ago!!!!!

A manager shouldn't make an impulsive substition based on one passage of play. It's something Westley would do.
It was definitely on impulse, he turned to the subs straight after the goal went in.

FWIW I said just before that it looked like Brady had shot his bolt and wouldnt be surprised to see him subbed, Browne was a mistake for me.

It was definitely on impulse, he turned to the subs straight after the goal went in.

FWIW I said just before that it looked like Brady had shot his bolt and wouldnt be surprised to see him subbed, Browne was a mistake for me.
I agree, thought Brady looked knackered before the goal. Browne should never have been taken off.

So, we’ve now had 2 x 2-4 defeats, either side of 3 successive wins.

Prior to today, we’d won 3 on the trot and had the best defensive record in the Championship and Millwall hadn’t scored in any of their last 3 games. Bang and there we have the unpredictability of the Championship. You wouldn’t get this in the Premier League would you? Let’s face it, you’d never get the likes of Man City losing at home to someone like Brentford would you?? 💩happens, and although we are 9th we are level on points with 6th place. We’d have settled for that a few weeks ago.

Awful start, got back in, should've taken their chances early in the second half, then they ballsed it up.
Subbing Alan was a mistake if you ask me. Ched did well again.

At least there were some goals.

Fans was poor today at 2-2 we had the chance to create some atmosphere when
We was on top early 2nd half .. even after we got the equaliser it was just constantly flat… feels like I’m saying this a fair bit and I acknowledge I’m part of the problem and have no solutions.

Also Woodburn is no better than Harrop.

McCann isn’t as good as i thought he was

Riis is so frustrating / inconsistent but the only 1 that can pull something out of nothing

Well at least we’re not drawing 0-0 every week

Would have lapped up 9 points from those matches

Been said since summer but the lack of a RWB is so frustrating especially at home

Missed Whiteman as expected, should have gone 3-2 up early 2nd half , Millwall were just too clinical.

Think that Fleming lad cost them 1.7mill , that’s the difference.

Not sure if it was Browne or Brady (couldnt see from town end) but one of them definitely wasn't happy with being subbed. Was offered a coat. Took it then balled it up and wazzed it. Then took his shirt off and wazzed that an all. Good to see some passion if nowt else
Would have been even nicer to see some passion on the pitch once Evans went off. He was the only one I could ever see doing anything positive and constructive up front.

Does anyone know the reason why it says the highlights on itv player can't be viewed in your area. (. Scotland)

It was fine a week ago

Don't forget you can Bid to Buy the shirts from today, Ignore the result, think of the Cause. They'll be on Ebay Soon https://www.pnefc.net/news/2022/november/pne-matchworn-shirt-auction-in-aid-of-royal-british-legion/

Next game is 10th December 12pm ko Live on sky so NOT on Ifollow.
(STC - based on World Cup events I believe all Championship games are, if players are involved, Dunno if Rovers have many players involved, nor care)

NOTICE - Keep an eye out

PNE have some Friendlies planned, so keep an eye out for them, I think they all behind closed doors (or after today an empty Stadium anyway) Update likely on Twitter.

Results
Last Night
Birmingham 1-2 Sunderland
Today
Bristol C 0-0 Watford
Cardiff 0-1 Sheff Utd
Coventry 2-0 QPR
Huddersfield 0-0 Swansea
Hull 1-2 Reading
Luton 1-1 Rotherham
Norwich 1-2 Middlesbrough
Preston 2-4 Millwall
West Brom 2-0 Stoke
Wigan 2-1 Blackpool ◙

Tomorrow is the 6 fingered plastic Chicken Derby

Table
9th PNE 21-8-7-6-18/20-31

23rd Blackpool 32-6-4-22-24/33-22

See you if there are any game updates available during the break, or next Matchday is 10th December. Enjoy the World Cup

Thoughts from me.
Riis was poor but created space for Evans, who really should have had 3 himself (header in first half before hr scored and the shot in 2nd half at 2-2.
McCann was shocking and I wanted him off at HT for DJ, he was bullied out of the game and a passenger for most of it.
Ledson is no Whiteman, who we really missed today.
Browne by far our best midfielder today, so hooking him made no sense, unless there was a knock.

Rowett beat Lowe on tactics.