PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well surely it's down to the player. We can allegedly match the best offer of say, QPR, but do we have what Cameron wants ? And do we have the determination to make this happen anymore?

True.

Possibly.

Without question, Villa are fully aware we would snap their hands off.
I would love it to happen. The 'we spent the budget' aspect worries me though. Does this refresh in January? Do we need to offload some of the big earners? DJ springs to mind.

Would love to see Cameron back but, without a proper rwb I’m not sure. No point having a striker even of the calibre of Cameron if the service doesnt change.

Would love to see Cameron back but, without a proper rwb I’m not sure. No point having a striker even of the calibre of Cameron if the service doesnt change.
To be fair, Potts, Earl, and Cunningham were our wingbacks the last time he was banging them in. Our service through the middle seems to have gone backwards since then though.

That said I'd back Archer to take about 50% of his chances at this level.

If we got Archer back without losing any key players we're a play off contender, no new RWB or not. He has that clinical edge we've missed this season on many occasions.
Agree with this. Potts has actually been a lot better this season than I anticipated.

But I still don’t Archer coming here, think bigger clubs with bigger budgets will be way ahead of us in the queue.

If we do get him in and keep hold of the key players, then it’s town for me.

Agree with this. Potts has actually been a lot better this season than I anticipated.

But I still don’t Archer coming here, think bigger clubs with bigger budgets will be way ahead of us in the queue.

If we do get him in and keep hold of the key players, then it’s town for me.

It looks like he is going to be available and I just hope we have the key to beating off others with the fact he clearly enjoyed his time here, knows pretty much all the players and knows he will start.

Even with Archer, I don't think we finish in the Top 6.

And that's why I don't think Villa would send him to us.

Not sure why Villa would care if a team gets promoted or not, as long as he plays every game and he's in a position to score regularly.

An extra ten goals could well be enough to get top 6 in this shite league.

Maybe Villa would think that at PNE he would have to work harder for his goals and that would stand him in good stead long term.
I suppose it is down to what came from the meeting if the club are willing to get the two or three players we require.

It looks like he is going to be available and I just hope we have the key to beating off others with the fact he clearly enjoyed his time here, knows pretty much all the players and knows he will start.
Maybe they will make him available but the article only says that it is Archer himself that has asked for a loan. I suppose it depends on whether the AV target signings come to fruition. In the meantime Archer has been with the 1st team recently coming off the bench late on so he is not completely 'out of the picture' there.

Well surely it's down to the player. We can allegedly match the best offer of say, QPR, but do we have what Cameron wants ? And do we have the determination to make this happen anymore?
I would definitely say so, the impact Archer had on the fans last season was incredible. Ridsdale loves him like his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.