PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

England v Wales - 29/11/22 - KO:7pm (GMT) - Group B

I’m beginning to understand and agree with some of the cautious, conservative football we deploy in tournament football.

But it has to be supplemented with moments of quality, being clinical and having game changing players.

Kane, Foden and on current form Rashford give you that.

Feeling quietly confident right now but a poor performance against Senegal wouldn’t surprise me too much. Still think we have enough to play poorly and win though.

Not convinced. Of the three teams we’ve played so far I doubt any opposition player would get in our team (although Gareth would probably play Pulisic ahead of Foden 🙄). Wales are essentially an average championship outfit, getting out of that group was hardly a monumental achievement.

I see nothing on Southgate’s CV which convinced me that he is anything other than inept. It will be very interesting to see how his next managerial role unfolds (assuming he takes one on). I predict a massive failure and the sack within 18 months.

Each to their own however, but I just don’t rate him and I genuinely wouldn’t want him at North End.

W.O.W.

I really thought we'd got past this sort of opinion now.

My original prediction of out to Senegal goes on.

The fall out and tears will be glorious

Relegating Middlesbrough.

Also bottling 4/4 possible trophies for England, soon to be 5.
I asked for something that impresses rather than something that depresses 🙂

Given what he has at his disposal, I see very few positives. He comes across as a moron in interviews and is entirely uninspiring as a leader. I imagine the players are directing the group from within. I hope so anyway.