PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Robbie Brady

Odd time to be saying Potts ahead of Browne, considering he's just had another good game there.
I’m basing that over the whole season, but I agree, Browne did well at RB again today and he’s as well suited to that position as anybody else in our squad.
Personally, I’d rather have Darnell back. We’ve never replaced him and I’m still not sure why we got rid of him.

I’m basing that over the whole season, but I agree, Browne did well at RB again today and he’s as well suited to that position as anybody else in our squad.
Personally, I’d rather have Darnell back. We’ve never replaced him and I’m still not sure why we got rid of him.
Possibly because he was becoming a bit ‘hands on’?

Despite a lot of quality for most of his time, he'd become a liability in his latter days with us. Red card waiting to happen, being subbed off to avoid a red (due to him constantly putting himself in stupid positions) is never good.

I do recall Darnell being a sold right back but as mentioned he was a liability. I guess it’s a sad time when we are keen to have a right back, back at the club who has simply been nothing but injured since he left.

Darnell? He was often exposed to the high ball - and positional awareness not his forte. I can think of loads of reasons why I don’t miss him.

Darnell? He was often exposed to the high ball - and positional awareness not his forte. I can think of loads of reasons why I don’t miss him.
Fair observations. He was a top class shithouser though. Together he and Ched could ‘game manage’ any opponents for 60 minutes on their own.

He’s the same mould of McGeady for me. He’s a different class above anything we have or have had for some time! Anyone who’s played the game can see his intelligence, in a proper team he’d be made to look even better, but he’s top class even his cynical tackles helps break the game up when we need it to.
I wouldn't rate him as highly as McGeady, who along with Fuller was the best I've seen at Deepdale since Sir Tom, but they're different types of players.

His crosses are a bit hit and miss at times - or maybe it just seems that way because our strikers don't get themselves into the right positions - but I have to say he's been better than I expected, especially fitness-wise. Of course he's had the recent spell out but he's already made more appearances than in any season over the past 6 years.

Ideally, we could do with more pace at wing back but I'd say that with the experience he brings, he's worth another year.

Providing he is fit Brady is a definite asset. Would be interesting to see how we fared with Brady on the right and Fernandez on the left - they are the only two proper wide players we have.

Odd time to be saying Potts ahead of Browne, considering he's just had another good game there.

I'm not a huge fan of Browne but I agree he's the more comfortable RWB. I can't decide whether it's choice or coaching that sees him look for a massive Hollywood ball every time he runs out from RWB but it rarely works so that's something to work on. Still, he looked very good there against Brum.

When Brady is our best attacking option playing at LWB, why would you want to shunt him out of position?

Brady doesn't rely on speed to get past opposition defenders on the outside and though he isn't a central midfielder he does like to wander more centrally at times so I think he could operate from the right. Fernandez on the other hand does need to be on the left. It is a bit unfortunate that both are left-footed - if one of them was right-footed we would have an obvious first choice pairing for the flanks.

He’s the same mould of McGeady for me. He’s a different class above anything we have or have had for some time! Anyone who’s played the game can see his intelligence, in a proper team he’d be made to look even better, but he’s top class even his cynical tackles helps break the game up when we need
The brother who was neutral said he'd a very cultured left foot

I said that you could see that he'd played in the lower end of the Premiership and had been an Irish International

Also said that Gary Rowett was one of the best Championship managers that gets hired , and his teams are usually well organised defensively

read:https://southwarknews.co.uk/sport/news-at-den/report-preston-north-end-2-4-millwall/

Browne did play well yesterday....

The case for using Potts at right wing-back is that his defensive contribution is very good and that while his own attacking contribution is limited it does free up Browne to play more centrally.

Providing he is fit Brady is a definite asset. Would be interesting to see how we fared with Brady on the right and Fernandez on the left - they are the only two proper wide players we have.
He has been played on the right but wasn't as effective as on his natural side.