PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

The sums of money being involved in these scandals those days is staggering. 20mil, 5 mil, 800k - even in the old days of sleaze it was often a few grand stuffed in an envelope for a question in the commons.

Can someone point me to the smoking gun, with respect to Sharp? I've not done loads of research, but frankly, it is plausible that he MIGHT have just connected people regarding getting a loan guarantee. And he does appear to have done this with some consultation with the cabinet secretary to be clear that he stepped back at an early stage.

Sure, it would have been advisable for him to have mentioned it in his application - because of how it might be (is being) perceived - especially as he's got to have spent a fair amount of energy on this topic if he got to speak with the cabinet secretary. So I'm not saying that there's no case to answer (no pun intended) but I keep reading things like "The BBC Chairman arranged and 800K loan for Johnson".... and that seems a long long way from the truth.

Can someone point me to the smoking gun, with respect to Sharp? I've not done loads of research, but frankly, it is plausible that he MIGHT have just connected people regarding getting a loan guarantee. And he does appear to have done this with some consultation with the cabinet secretary to be clear that he stepped back at an early stage.

Sure, it would have been advisable for him to have mentioned it in his application - because of how it might be (is being) perceived - especially as he's got to have spent a fair amount of energy on this topic if he got to speak with the cabinet secretary. So I'm not saying that there's no case to answer (no pun intended) but I keep reading things like "The BBC Chairman arranged and 800K loan for Johnson".... and that seems a long long way from the truth.
I believe he has been sitting in on editorial decisions too which is an absolute no no

I think he may have donated £500k to the Conservative Party at the same time. I think Blythe guaranteed to loan I don’t think anyone knows who provided the loan.

As for your openining sentence, as always we will be fed obfuscation and be gaslit for a period of time, as with the Zahawi scandal, there will them be an, "Independent Enquiry," :cool: And it will disappear from view.

13 years tells us how it works.

The “Independent” Enquiry is actually being carried out by a chum and former banker would you believe.

Have you got dementia? Thought not. Stop being so precious and hypocritical.
It's not a disease to use as a piece of ridicule, excuse yourself as a much disgraced twat. Both my mother and mother in law died from the disease, my wife spent many years in her consultancy capacity as a dementia expert. Apologise.

That’s a poor non-apology from the Times journo. I had to read the thread to be able to even fully understand he was saying.

My source for that story was the beeb - which is generally better than most at waiting for corroboration and to my memory, I think they were equivocal about that Chequers meeting. The Times messed up an important detail that undermines the case to a degree- but not fundamentally. Nevertheless, the smoking gun regarding the loan remains elusive. A lot of circumstantial evidence though- and it smells wrong. IMO, just the massive political donations he’s made should disqualify him from a political appointment.

Family GP of many years is removed from position at village practice to be replaced by conglomerate of 47 gp practices.
Made £4m last year. No one wants it, only the -for profit- company.
Surprisingly in depth article in the LEP.
It’s disgusting, privatisation through the back door. Health services should not be there to make profit and if it has any funding left at the end of the year. It should go back into providing a better service, not into someone’s back pocket.

It’s disgusting, privatisation through the back door. Health services should not be there to make profit and if it has any funding left at the end of the year. It should go back into providing a better service, not into someone’s back pocket.
Come on, be fair, those poor millionaires need every penny they can get, how else can they pay for their own private health schemes?

Whilst telling the next generation they have to work longer because we're so poor. Well we are because they taking all the wealth. If they taxed the corporates to prevent this massive impoverishment and redistribution, then there would be no need to raise the phoney pension flag. Same with the NHS. Absolute shysters. Round them up.