PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

3 nil . Spurs have deserved it better team 2nd half. We hav'nt offered much up front as usual, work man like but lack of quality is obvious. Cannon doest look great either.

Pass completion from Browne just isn't good enough generally these days. I actually thought today he would step up as he seems so fucking sulky in league games but no, it's not lack of application, he just can't pass/cross.

I hate the fact he is always shoe horned in.
Browne started the game really well. But once we went one down he decided he’d play further up as a midfielder , result an opportunity to show us his truly awful
Passing

All our attacking endeavours are just too slow and laboured - not just tonight, we look the same against all-comers.

Distribution from the back is hopeful, crossing from both flanks is poor, no creativity coming through the middle, and the strikers are too easy to hold at bay - again, not just tonight.

And when the game hits 70 minutes, everyone gets tired and even more sloppy.

Can't expect much more from this squad though - we can defend OK as long as we surrender possession and the others don't score, but really that's about it.

The way we play always reminds me.of a choreographed fight scene in a film. Just seems like they try so hard to do the simple things that comes so naturally to every other professional footballer in the country.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what PNE have been about for the past 50 years.

It's why I'm now sat in the warmth at home rather than sat out there in the cold.
You don't want to be outdoors at your age Raef, not in this weather, cup of Ovaltine in front of telly.

Been supporting this club for over 52 years now and the single solitary giant killing act in the FA cup I have seen in that time was a 3rd round defeat of Derby county who were in the top division at the time. That was in 1979!! 1 fucking win over a prem equivalent club in the past 50 years. Fucking shite.