PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

Genuinely baffled that Browne is getting stick tonight. That was his best performance in a long time. Proper scapegoat these days for our moron fans.
What is the consistent factor/players about the
last 7/9 years of abject mediocrity? If you think Alan Browne is the captain and highest paid player who will lead us to even the play-offs then your knowledge of Championship football is in need of some greater perspectives.

We just never had a go never troubled em at all, cup football is supposed to be exciting end to end, i fell asleep 😴💤 the sooner Lowe is gone the better.
He is a con man...mugging a living.....no plan B at all.....please get rid.....fuck him off to Love Island or something....seems to like the limelight!

I’m done with cup games I think.

We’ve had years of AN and Frankie putting weak sides out. We put something like our best 11 out tonight (and that’s not saying much) and it seems we can’t be arsed. Well I can’t be arsed either.

I’ve watched us when we had players that were really fucking shit, but at least they gave it their best.

I’m sick of watching a bunch of players that I don’t feel a connection to.

I’m sick of hearing an egotistical manager telling us we are playing well.

I’m sick of walking off Deepdale and feeling fucked off, knowing that we can do so much better.

Just compare the performance tonight with the one we had a few years back against Arsenal.

I know we lost both, but the football on show was so so much better and we genuinely scared Arsenal for 90 minutes.

I’m not having a pop at the players as they simply aren’t good enough, but we’ve regressed so much. Really sad to see.

(FWIW, I absolutely didn’t expect anything tonight. It’s just so crap to see how bad we are. We offer nothing at all).

We seriously must be the only team on a 'big cup night' to not just give it even a 5min spell - it genuinely is embarrassing.

On the other hand, we've calmed down any prospect of imminent insurrection in North London and for that our friendly resident there, Outreacher, may be truly thankful.

All this talk of a ‘brand’ and ‘philosophy’. Attacking football. Creating chances. Attacking with 6, defending with 4.

Yet a 33 year old Ched Evans remains our best player.

This scouse bellend hasn’t a clue.

#LoweOut

I watched an Accrington Stanley team give it their all in defence AND in attack & created numerous chances. Yes, they lost, as did we, but they did create excitement for their fan's. Our tactics were all about keeping the score down. Very dischuffed. Ps ... Son, what a player 👏 👏

He is a con man...mugging a living.....no plan B at all.....please get rid.....fuck him off to Love Island or something....seems to like the limelight!
Exactly, so fucking embarrassing seeing him trying to flirt with the woman interviewing him pre match, can't stand a scouser in charge of my team , Lowe is all loved up with himself wish he'd fuck off back to Plymouth, absolute crap manager.

I doubt the two Spurs fans sat behind me on the IPS will read this but if you do, yes, I did tell you to shut the fuck up and yes I would've leathered you both. Just lucky I had taken my daughter on with me else I'd be in the cell now. Unfortunately for my daughter however you spent all game making snide remarks about her every time she cheered.

On another night I could've got myself in to a hell of a lot of trouble.

Still fuming. Pair of bellends.

But they did give it a go as best they could. The difference on quality between an average championship side and a second string top six premier leaque side is massive. Son alone musy be worth ten times our first eleven. Conte vs Lowe. I think a bit of perspective is required.

In what world did we give it a go?

We sat back and defended from the first whistle, in a negative defensive formation.

If you're saying they tried their best, that's different.

But we definitely did not give it a go.