PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Iconic images of the City of Preston - past & present.

Railway Station 1939

preston(stationsuk1939)west_lancs_old13.jpg

Which station??

The Southport one it looks like.

Thank you.

It's the old Southport line.

And what used to be the bus stop at the bottom of Fishergate Hill, known as "Silcocks".
^^This
Remember scrambling over the wall in the '60's and everything was still there, booking office, platforms, canopies and even WH Smiths type shop.
A complete timewarp. Sadly it was all pulled down not long after.
I think it was called Preston West Lancashire station at one time and Fishergate Hill at another.

Last edited:

Any idea what building that looks like a burger with windows is, and the building that looks like a UFO?
I don't recognise them, but think it's a cool t-shirt design.

Wasn't this on the flags thread when we did the skyline,, th eburger is the UCLAN library maybe and the UFO Guild hall? Assuming these are the buildings (I didn't know about the UCLAN library either)

1656931600210.png

Any idea what building that looks like a burger with windows is, and the building that looks like a UFO?
I don't recognise them, but think it's a cool t-shirt design.
1 - McDonalds.
2 - NASA have taken over the Moor Park Observatory.

😂

3 - I don't know the answer to your questions.