PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Return of the PNE-Online Football Event

If you'd like to play or attend, what date would be best?

• June 3rd

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • June 17th

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • June 24th

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning all.

I've just landed in Portugal. Just thought I'd get that in there first.

I have got a list of usernames stored on my phone regarding users who have indicated they are able to play next Saturday (a week tomorrow). You will all receive a message from me this week ensuring you are still available and still up for it.

The plan is we have got Preston College football pitch rented out from 1pm until 4pm. I think if people get there for 12.30 and use the changing room facilities we can kick off around 13.15. Finish the game at 3 and then draw the raffle for the prizes that we've got at Preston College.

I'd tried to book the function room at Black Bull in Fulwood but its already in use. My idea is that if its a nice day, we'd head down to Black Bull after the raffle has been drawn and get a couple of tables outside.

Please continue to invite friends and family down to support the cause. If we're short on numbers then family members can get involved.

Cheers All,
STF

Morning all.

I have got a list of usernames stored on my phone regarding users who have indicated they are able to play next Saturday (a week tomorrow). You will all receive a message from me this week ensuring you are still available and still up for it.

The plan is we have got Preston College football pitch rented out from 1pm until 4pm. I think if people get there for 12.30 and use the changing room facilities we can kick off around 13.15. Finish the game at 3 and then draw the raffle for the prizes that we've got at Preston College.

I'd tried to book the function room at Black Bull in Fulwood but its already in use. My idea is that if its a nice day, we'd head down to Black Bull after the raffle has been drawn and get a couple of tables outside.

Please continue to invite friends and family down to support the cause. If we're short on numbers then family members can get involved.

Cheers All,
STF
Are you just going to randomly assign people to teams and positions etc?

Morning all.

Cheers All,
STF

I remember previously there were a couple of managers assigned, and squads sorted prior so teams could be picked?

I'm rubbish, but I probably now just about have the fitness to play, at least as a sub, if the numbers are required!

Are you just going to randomly assign people to teams and positions etc?

I'll be asking preferred positions when I contact people, and will probably assign squads with @MBcha before Saturday.

Obviously, I can't guarantee people game time in their preferred positions but we will certainly try our best.

Might be worth getting in touch with st Greg's club..sure they would be hospitable

We have picked the Black Bull as it is very handy for folk and only minutes away from Preston College.

Ideally we wanted to have the function bit but as @stf4ever pointed out its us use

A key aspect too is there is a big outdoor seating area and sells food for those who have worked up an appetite chasing shadows. 🤪

Last edited:
I'll be asking preferred positions when I contact people, and will probably assign squads with @MBcha before Saturday.

Obviously, I can't guarantee people game time in their preferred positions but we will certainly try our best.
If you need an emergency quarterback, let me know. I'll have them put Air Force One on standby. (y)

:ROFLMAO:

As mentioned at the outset of this idea by @stf4ever he wished any funds raised on the day to go towards the funding of the forum and our fans initiatives.

Just to confirm that we plan to use the initiatives side of it towards our latest project.

Thank you to everyone who has got behind this and I look forward to see you on Saturday.

Please could those who wish to play fill in the below in either a reply or a PM. Those who don't respond will get a PM on Thursday 👍🏻.

Preferred Position:

Preferred Foot:

Age Range: 18-25, 26-35, 35-50, 50+

Desired Amount of Minutes:

Cheers.

Please could those who wish to play fill in the below in either a reply or a PM. Those who don't respond will get a PM on Thursday 👍🏻.

Preferred Position:

Preferred Foot:

Age Range: 18-25, 26-35, 35-50, 50+

Desired Amount of Minutes:

Cheers.
Either CF or LW/Rw
Both
50+
probably around 45mins !

Sadly myself, the memsahib and staff are on our summer grand tour
Wishing for good weather, good spirits and a good game for all - sounds like a great load of fun and fantastic for the community
As a side note the directions are very easy to both the black bull and the oxygen tent I have pre ordered to be set up in the hospital car park
Tarquinius isn’t with us but has offered to pop down for any groin injuries and apply the magic 🧽
Have a great day all

I'll play wherever, but I'm crap. Right footed. 45 mins? Will be 35, so pick whichever category you want for that.

What surface are we playing on? May need new boots.

I'll play wherever, but I'm crap. Right footed. 45 mins? Will be 35, so pick whichever category you want for that.

What surface are we playing on? May need new boots.

You'll be fine. I'm crap as well, and have done no exercise for about 10 years. Regardless of the result, I'll be having my photo taken with the trophy!

It's a 3g pitch. Or it was the last time I played there.

Sadly myself, the memsahib and staff are on our summer grand tour
Wishing for good weather, good spirits and a good game for all - sounds like a great load of fun and fantastic for the community
As a side note the directions are very easy to both the black bull and the oxygen tent I have pre ordered to be set up in the hospital car park
Tarquinius isn’t with us but has offered to pop down for any groin injuries and apply the magic 🧽
Have a great day all
I believe everyone is hoping Barnsley's physio will be available for that.