PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Southampton v PNE - 16/04/24 - KO:8PM - Championship

I am so bloody fed up of watching other damned clubs celebrate whilst we complain about parachute payments. Bloody earn them then or shut up. We don’t even make an attempt though just use them as an excuse. I don’t know why I bother because at the end of every season I feel total deflation.

I back Lowe. But he cannot play 3-5-2 at QPR. We have absolutely no wing back options, it’s getting silly now. We have absolutely nothing to play for so try something different with 4 at the back even if a centre half has to play right back.

1 shot,24% possession, no creativity,no style,no contest.That was an embarrassment long missed placed balls -no defence.At least PNE should provide some attempt at mild entertainment even if losing badly.Let’s have some attempt at possession based movement and not play like a league one side from the 90s!!!

A mighty xG of 0.07…

Punishingly shit to watch.

I feel like "punishingly shit" could summarise our season quite nicely. Flattered to deceive at times but ultimately looked poor against good opposition once again. No end product. No visible progress when all was said and done.

A few streaky runs, a couple of streaky horrible spells = a very average performance.

1 shot,24% possession, no creativity,no style,no contest.That was an embarrassment long missed placed balls -no defence.At least PNE should provide some attempt at mild entertainment even if losing badly.Let’s have some attempt at possession based movement and not play like a league one side from the 90s!!!

Aye we'll stroke it around like prime Barca with Noah Mawene and Jack Whatmough in midfield.

If I’m looking for a reason to say we were unlucky (which really would be a stretch tonight!) it was that fire that postponed the original match. I think the stars were much better aligned for us that night.

I am so bloody fed up of watching other damned clubs celebrate whilst we complain about parachute payments. Bloody earn them then or shut up. We don’t even make an attempt though just use them as an excuse. I don’t know why I bother because at the end of every season I feel total deflation.
I don't know how you've managed to keep your motivation all these seasons.

I have nothing but praise for your absolute commitment 😊

I’ve had to be in and out a bit tonight- seen maybe just over half of it. From that, the one positive was that Mawene looked more comfortable tonight.
Have to disagree. He put himself in trouble with a silly challenge after 40 seconds and then picked up another 3 fouls in the first half and was maybe lucky not to pick up another booking for accumulation. I feel after that he just allowed the game to pass him by as he knew if he got too tight he'd walk. Obviously everyone was shit but I feel he struggled.

I back Lowe. But he cannot play 3-5-2 at QPR. We have absolutely no wing back options, it’s getting silly now. We have absolutely nothing to play for so try something different with 4 at the back even if a centre half has to play right back.
We won’t try anything different because he doesn’t know any other way,