Recent content by Almac

1. A

Frankie McAvoy

I happened to look at that for some reason a few weeks ago. One name missing from your list is Ally McCoist. May not have played much of his football in England but was still a good striker with a great sense of humour. Obviously the sense of humour was not a trait from Belshill or Alex Neil...
  2. A

50 Years...

10 mins was all it took for the players to have a half time ciggy & a cup of tea.
  3. A

RIP Frankie Worthington

Sorry if I upset anyone with my post. I had just read the earlier post from The Telegraph obituary and thought I would add to it. I have the greatest respect for Frank as a player & a character. Maybe the suggestion that Alex Neil would not have given him the game time that John McGrath did...
  4. A

Can anyone defend him now?

Are you Alex Neil?
  5. A

Can anyone defend him now?

What's wrong with giving a player at the end of his career a chance. Moyes, Dalglish & Neil at Hamilton spring to mind.
  6. A

Best Transfer Season Ever?

You're correct. I got mixed up. We did beat them on 3 consecutive occasions in the league prior to the play off final.
  7. A

Best Transfer Season Ever?

That was a couple of years earlier. Wasn't that the game where Fuller did his knee & got up off the stretcher to chase some fan. Beat West Ham home & away as well as the cup that year,I think.
  8. A

Match Day - PNE v AFC Bournemouth - 06/03/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

You've done it now. He's going to score.
  9. A

Former PNE Players Thread

Now we know who ate all the pies.
  10. A

Callum Davidson first final as manager

When Grezza was taking penalties I kept saying one of these days he's going to miss one. He did against Brum in the play-off semi. Luckily Rankine got him out of jail.
  11. A

Callum Davidson first final as manager

Didn't he find out towards the end of his career with North End that one leg was longer than the other & a chiropractor recommended built up insoles in his footwear which alleviated a lot of his injury problems. Have others on the forum heard the same?
  12. A

Late December back in 2019.

It was very ambitious, seen as a route to the play offs & the premier league, but Neil coached the attacking instinct out of Sinclair & the wheels fell off. The big 4 would have played out off their skins if the play offs became achievable.
  13. A

Somebody mentioned a few months ago that the arrival of Sinclair had something to do with it. The club pushed tha boat out & paid him a lot more than the so called big 4. Did the big 4 switch off then? I don't think that anyone would argue that Pearson was never the same player again.
  14. A

Yeh you're right. Even Ben Pearson managed to score against Barnsley.