Recent content by ernest

1. E

Retained List (Confirmed)

To a large extent an out-of-form, out-of-sorts Browne being shunted about from one position to another but more often than not in that defensive role where I quite agree he is far from convincing. But towards the end of last season he was being played more consistently as he should be and was...
  2. E

Browne can twist and turn in a crowded penalty area better than any other player we have. As I said when on form and in his proper position he is a very dangerous player.
  3. E

Agreed about Browne - one thing he isn't is a defensive midfielder his passing in that position can be dangerously sloppy at times though to be fair he is the best makeshift right-back we have got. Yes he and Potts can both play in that forward central midfield position (I refuse to call it 'No...
  4. E

Four youth team players sign pro contracts (Confirmed)..

Hopefully we will see youth gets its chance. But before these four lads get a look-in will Walker get some serious game time with us next season.
  5. E

Stockley's ability to score at Div1 level is likely to make him a target for any club in that division with the £500k to spend that I imagine we would want for him. I would be surprised but not displeased if he were still our player at the start of next season. Earl could be a big part of our...
  6. E

We all see things differently. I agree that Johnson is not a defensive midfielder but as I said he needs a bit of time and space when he first collects the ball that he cannot find in a crowded penalty area. But he can do that when he drops back a bit, collects the ball and starts to run at the...
  7. E

Potts brings strength, running and a thunderous shot to that forward midfield role. Browne brings energy, agility and invention. Johnson brings the impression of a talented player who just needs a bit more time, which is why he really needs to be played in a deeper role where he can find the...
  8. E

That is true but the reality is that how a player performs is the result of several factors one of which is the 'chemistry' between them and the manager. The example of SG, again, and McGeady comes to mind - a player who came to us rather jaded but was then motivated to become for a while...
  9. E

Agreed - Harrop has been frustrating because there is a player of some genuine quality there. It will be up to FM, who I begin to think is quite similar to SG, to get him to perform to his full potential. If that can be achieved then Harrop can still be a considerable asset for us.
  10. E

Quite - any idea that we should offload Sinclair is absurd. He is by far our most lethal striker. In the 3.5.2 formation he should be one of the strikers - that he was a bit out-of-sorts in that role at Notts Forest is neither here nor there. Just give him a bit of time to adapt.
  11. E

Forgot to mention Rafferty in my post above - honest player but we need better if we are to progress.
  12. E

I am dismayed that Moult did not get some time on the pitch in those last few games - we had nothing to lose by finding out if he could make an impact. If he stays fit he will be an asset to some club somewhere. Thanks Louis you have had the most wretched luck of almost any PNE player I can...
  13. E

Iversen signs on loan January '21 (confirmed)

He had. It would not be a disaster if he were once again to be out first choice keeper next season but if we can re-sign Iversen and have Rudd as back-up the our resources in that area would be as good as possibly better than anything else in the division.
  14. E

Frankie McAvoy appointed new head coach (Confirmed).

Well it seems that FM has now spoken one-to-one with all the players. So presumably we will find out shortly what he has said to them.
  15. E

Frankie McAvoy appointed new head coach (Confirmed).

We can only wait and see. By the way Tranmere have just celebrated getting to the play-offs by sacking the manager who got them there - you wonder how long AN might have lasted in that job.