PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Recent content by Finney Fan

1. F

Matchday Thread Southampton v PNE - 16/04/24 - KO:8PM - Championship

We had one touch in Southampton’s box (from a poor pass from the keeper), never mind a shot.
  2. F

Didn’t go into tonight or the season expecting much but it would have been nice to have a go at least. Even Russell Martin said he thought we’d come out all guns blazing with nothing to lose but seems like Lowe had other ideas. Whatmough spent most of the first half playing as a 4th CB. Holmes...
  3. F

The fact Lowe even came out and admitted that we didn’t sign a RWB as “Potts never gets injured” is so amateurish it’s incredible. The worst part is you know we aren’t going to sign one in the summer.
  4. F

If we’re sticking by this back 5 formation, please can we sign some centre backs? I can’t be watching another season of a back 3 of Lindsey, Storey and Hughes.
  5. F

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Stay in Preston and play with Liam Lindsey or move to Italy and play with Jerome Boateng? I know what I would do.
  6. F

Who's in the drawer, Peter?

For me, Lowe's style of management was an initial success in picking up the squad following Frankie's reign, he gave the fans that much needed positivity and I think both players and fans bought into the promise of the brand and the change in attitude at the club. However, to be a long-term...
  7. F

Is Lowe evolving?

Start of the season, Lowe went to being honest and humble in interviews. We were lucky on the pitch but with the injuries we had, going 8 games unbeaten was obviously incredible. Since then we’ve gone 7 without winning, 1 “above average” performance in those 7. Lowe is coming out now and...
  8. F

Matchday Thread PNE v Millwall - 21/10/23 - KO:12:30PM - Championship

Osmajic and Millar for Brady and Holmes.
  9. F

Started really well, playing some good passing football. Then sat back and decided we’re allergic to passing to a white shirt and gave them all the momentum. Need to braver on the ball second half.
  10. F

Lost count of the amount of goals we’ve conceded this season through diving in and losing 50/50s. Plymouth, Birmingham, today all the same. And that’s just off the top of my head.
  11. F

Matchday Thread Ipswich v PNE - 07/10/23 - KO:3PM - Championship

Other than Bielsa’s Leeds I think Ipswich are the best coached team I’ve seen at this level. To play attacking football of that quality with players like Chaplin, Burns, Hirst, Morsy and Luongo who have all had mixed careers at Championship level is seriously impressive and it’s obvious McKenna...
  12. F

Matchday Thread Ipswich v PNE - 07/10/23 - KO:3PM - Championship

Keeping Bauer and re-signing Cunningham and then changing the whole “style of play” to make up for the fact your defenders are absolute pony doesn’t seem like a recipe for long term success.
  13. F

Will we get to the Play Offs?

Heart over head on this one and voted in the playoffs. We've given ourselves a great chance so far and if you say 73 points are enough to sneak into the play offs that means we need 1.40 points per game (64 points over a full season) which is what we've pretty much done every season since...
  14. F

Matchday Thread PNE v Birmingham City - 19/09/23 - KO:7:45pm - Championship

Didn’t play well tonight but other than the goal I don’t really remember Birmingham having a particularly good chance. Felt a lot more comfortable that we were going to see that out than any of the other home games. Browne was brilliant second half.
  15. F

Ryan Ledson

I think the second half pressure was as much down to centre backs losing composure as much as Ledson. I appreciate we aren’t passing it around at the back but it felt like at the start of the second half the back three were set in trying to clear the ball first time on every occasion and felt...