Recent content by Garden Gnome

1. Garden Gnome

Match Day - Swansea City v PNE - 22/01/22 - KO:15:00 - Championship

That second half v Sheff Utd set the bar at new heights of expectation. We, the fans, have known the players have performances like that in them. Part of our frustration has been that the players have not been showing us or their manager what they can truly achieve. Now the management know what...
  2. Garden Gnome

Prediction League - Swansea v PNE - 22/01/2022 - Championship

Swansea 1-3 PNE Riis 18,141
  3. Garden Gnome

Patrick Bauer signs new Contract (Confirmed)

Glad lessons have been learnt from the last couple of years, but lets not fall into the trap of offering new contracts to existing players if they are no longer good enough, even if their contracts are running down. Let them go.
  4. Garden Gnome

Patrick Bauer signs new Contract (Confirmed)

Happy, Happy, Happy.
  5. Garden Gnome

Training and warm ups.

Agree, slippy pitch can't have helped.
  6. Garden Gnome

Training and warm ups.

Thanks for this. I appreciate the reasons why the striking drill is necessary.........I just wish we demanded accuracy with it. My points about it still valid. It doesn't really matter if the quads are red hot if the accuracy is missing.
  7. Garden Gnome

Match Day - PNE v Birmingham City - 15/01/22 - KO15:00 - Championship

There are youth team players chomping at the bit for the sniff of a chance. .... Not even in the 25 squad yet though.
  8. Garden Gnome

Training and warm ups.

The aimless kicking at a keeper.......unless I missed it
  9. Garden Gnome

Training and warm ups.

Warm up v Birmingham was different. For years before matches we have had a trainer/coach laying off ball for forwards/midfield to strike towards the keeper with varying degrees of success. A few would be saved. A few would score many would miss and loads ended up in the AKTE. What good did that...
  10. Garden Gnome

Prediction League - PNE v Birmingham - 15/01/2022 - Championship

PNE 2 - 0 Birmingham Riis 13,488
  11. Garden Gnome

Connor Wickham Leaves (Confirmed)

He must be gutted. Potentially a very good player just let down by injuries. Good luck to him.
  12. Garden Gnome

Match Day - Cardiff City v PNE - 09/01/22 - KO:14:00 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Exactly my point. Good job we don't have the FA cup to throw in there as well!
  13. Garden Gnome

One small advantage of being out of FA cup is that we have been able to rearrange the matches missed due to COVID without creating too much fixture congestion.
  14. Garden Gnome

I believe that referees are now becoming too dependant on VAR. Officials are completely unable to make decisions that can affect games without it. They are hooked. They are seemingly addicted to power but need the crutch of VAR to operate.