Recent content by jakehake

1. J

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Here’s an exceptionally long piece that is doing the rounds written by Fish. Every industry has its own burden but for people who think this hasn’t had big impacts on some people’s ability to work it’s fairly stark for established performers so god knows what it means for small bands or singers...
  2. J

This corona virus thing...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/23/gary-matthews-duped-by-lying-anti-vaxxers-his-death-is-at-their-door?fbclid=IwAR2A7pbRv-N5pvwUWq4gRRqPtVFfFQJGKLu7TFQAEHJhuUqUj_mgEEqEzZY
  3. J

live music issues isn’t about VAT, it’s about logistics and freedom of movement for artists and their support teams.
  4. J

Interesting to see the numbers today that numbers in hospital may well have peaked again slightly earlier than the last couple of lockdowns by 2 or 3 days. More worrying that the numbers in mechanical ventilation beds had been plateauing but jumped again and continues to hit new highs as a total...
  5. J

Is it because their priority list differs so they are further ahead with care home vaccinations which are slightly more labour intensive (apparently, guess it’s moving the centre takes the time rather than people rolling up for the vaccine in the other groups)?
  6. J

What Are You Listening To?

New Bicep album is out according to Mr Spotify
  7. J

If only we could nominate whether our tax and NI could fund a “skiver” or a pensioner.....we could have all sorts of fun I’m not sure we’ll have very many on this forum who haven’t or don’t pay tax and NI John. I’m fairly sure everyone’s aware that they are funding a very poor safety net but...
  8. J

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

We have to hope this doesn't come off or we'll have to witness 6 months of fans spelling his name in a variety of ways across social media. We've still a subset struggling with Neil so this will be a step too far
  9. J

This week in tory run Britain

I mean I want to act surprised that they couldn't even do this correctly https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55749959
  10. J

Wipe your feet on the way out
  11. J

You've not booked as well have you. Good grief.
  12. J

Make sure the party is less than 15 people though. Don't want to break the rules
  13. J

I’ve seen this in multiple places now and want to hope it’s a parody as he doesn’t sound like a 40 year Devon resident