Recent content by JohnPNE

1. J

Early summer transfer gossip

I wouldn’t. I would leave my job/look for Another if I didn’t like working under my current boss. Or I would speak to the boss myself rather than moaning about it to everyone else. Constantly moaning about how the owner runs things never ever ends well for the manager. Sometimes it’s better...
  2. J

I don’t get why he lost his drive though because we was still sixth, had a good chance of promotion and had we got promoted they probably would have stayed.
  3. J

Yes criticise them but not in public. Criticising in public never ends well. Alex Neil in his first season was really good in his interviews. But in his last it was almost unbearable. And it must be affecting the players when you are constantly being told you aren’t good enough. The beginning...
  4. J

I don’t really like this idea of a ‘yes man.’ It makes me think of that dog Churchill just nodding and saying ‘oh yes’ over and over again. Billy Davies was a moaner. Loved a good moan about the chairman in public and is one of the reasons he hasn’t had a job in years. End of the day managers...
  5. J

Playing devils advocate here for a moment but a club like us will never be able to tie down prized assets. End of the day there are always bigger fish in the pond and eventually they will leave for bigger and better things. And that’s just not with our club it’s with most clubs in the division...
  6. J

We won’t be fighting relegation. The season had some really really drab performances. Awful- And a big part of that was the way we started games. It was shocking - Very lethargic performances. But that changed when Neil left. The players played with freedom. And the people who didn’t want...
  7. J

Keith Tracey My Addiction Ended my Career At 26

True that. I looked at someone like Aidan McGeady who under Grayson was allowed to do what he wanted pretty much (on the pitch.) He is a cut above for the championship so it’s interesting why he was so shit in the prem.
  8. J

Ben Davies

I don’t really see the need to move this to ‘general football.’ How many times does a former player never mind one of our own get a chance to play for a club as big as Liverpool. Yes he might never play a competitive game but good on you Ben for taking such a big opportunity.
  9. J

Daniel Johnson

I don’t think he’s shite in a deeper lying Role he’s just better in the ten.
  10. J

Daniel Johnson

There is no doubt DJ’s best position is number ten but he has also proven to be effective playing a bit deeper as well either as a midfield two or part of a midfield three so if called upon there is nothing wrong playing him there. One of DJ’s best games for us is when he played as a midfield...
  11. J

Steve Cooper leaves Swansea City

I know. For some unknown reason I was talking as if they hadn’t when I already knew they had if that makes any sense. They were my reasons why they didn’t get Neil.
  12. J

Steve Cooper leaves Swansea City

Sorry but how can someone be done as a championship manager after he’s just turned 40. So for the next twenty years he will just manage in league one or two after a poor year? West Brom will want a big name. Barnsley usually go for someone foreign. Blackburn could be his next destination should...
  13. J

Harrop future at PNE address by Frankie

Right so you are on about squad numbers rather than position numbers. Well under Westley: 10 was Lee trundle 9 was Graham Cummings 7 was David Amoo. Now I understand it’s all about opinions but the options we have now are least inspiring than them. Come on!!! Really?
  14. J

Harrop future at PNE address by Frankie

Are you talking about players we signed or players we have. Because DJ and Browne are a cut above anything we had under Westley. Which is more inspiring: Chris Beardsley or Ched Evans. I’ll let you decide.
  15. J

Izzy Brown serious injury(Confirmed)

I agree. Blaming the club for a freak injury is a tad over the top. I would always say ankle/hamstring injuries are the type of injuries ‘injury prone players’ get.