Recent content by Retfordpete

1. R

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

The problem with Maguire is that sadly due to injuries he isn’t the player he was. When he first arrived he had a burst of pace, was strong with a low centre of gravity and generally got a shot on target. I was very impressed with what I saw. However since the second injury all of those things...
  2. R

Classic TV intros.

Game of thrones, surprised it hasn’t got a mention yet. And Buffy the Vampire slayer.
  3. R

Pic from your seat

4. R

St. Ledger used to do it, but yeah other than that they’re few and far between from the centre. Chilvers used to ping long balls out with decent accuracy. Otherwise it’s tended to be HOOOF from the back or give it to a full back.
  5. R

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 16/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Need to sort their hair out before kick off surely...😜
  6. R

I understand the logic but why can’t we use them for 6 months? They’d still be our contracted player. May be doubts as to their commitment but there wouldn’t be anything stopping us playing them unless we didn’t register them in our 25.
  7. R

Ben Whiteman Joins PNE (Confirmed)

What a window that was when we were pushing for the top and just needed a few quality additions...
  8. R

No argument there! The initial point was about recruiting captains from other teams, which I generally think is a good idea. I just used proctor as an example that it doesn’t always guarantee quality or leadership!
  9. R

And we were a mid table league 1 side heading in the wrong direction!
  10. R

I hope you’re right. That said, Andy Proctor was accy captain before Medals parachuted him in and he was awful as player and captain!
  11. R

Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 09/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - FA Cup 3rd Round

In the run up to Saturdays game I had the misfortune of watching the highlights from the last time we played Wycombe in the cup. Misfortune in that it reminded me that we used to play with pace and energy. The difference was stark, not just to Saturday’s “effort” ( in the loosest sense of the...
  12. R

Can’t be. Rudd isn’t injured...😜
  13. R

Ched Evans

I’d hope that was something we could all agree on...
  14. R

Ched Evans

What money did she do it for? She didn’t even report it and never claimed he raped her.
  15. R

Ched Evans

The difficulty with that is that he is innocent until proven guilty. If his guilt has not been proven (and he is not guilty in the eyes of the law) then by definition he is innocent. I’m not commenting on what happened there and have my own views but it is fair to describe someone who was not...