PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Recent content by Rocket

1. R

Leeds red card...but no penalty?

I’m sure that you’re right HC, but it’s always confused me how players & managers can be sent off after a game ends! I seem to recall Ben Pearson getting a red card after a game finished (although on the pitch) vs Bolton a few seasons back, but also red cards being dished out in the tunnel...
  2. R

New poll needed, RL sacked or not?

The longer this fiasco goes on, the more ridiculous it gets. From top to bottom the clubs is stinking more & more Riddler has too much control & needs reigning in, or replaced by a modern ‘forward thinking’ CEO. Someone who has their finger on how a successful modern business operates & not...
  3. R

Alan Browne

I don’t think DJ leaving has really played a part in AB’s current form bar from the competition for a place aspect, but I’m sure feeling injury free has played a huge part. Who knows how long last seasons injury was playing on his mind before surgery became the only option Confidence comes from...
  4. R

PNE Academy/Central League Thread 23/24

Stowey used to help run my age group at Kirkham Juniors around 83/84. Remember him to be a great lad & couldn’t believe it when he ended up playing against Liverpool for Man City in the FA Cup a few years later Had no idea he was such a good goalie, but made up for him 👍🏼
  5. R

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Aah the days when Martin Butler & Nicky Forster strung us along before joining Reading. Still remember thinking when I saw the late Eric ‘Monster’ Hall with Forster, that it would go tits up! Remember Forster smashing one in against us in a 2-2 draw one home game! Remember more fondly some...
  6. R

At Championship & League one/League level I tend to agree. I always think of John McGrath who favoured a 3-5-2 formation, with Allardyce, Alex Jones and Bob Atkins the three centre-halves. All pretty slow, but what the lacked in pace, they more than made up for in the most important attributes...
  7. R

A couple of months ago I had a round of golf with a pretty recent PNE player who asked my opinion of Lowe. When I replied I was 50/50, the ex-player mentioned the players aren’t his biggest fan & his manner around the place is alienating the senior players. The lad I played with is still...
  8. R

I would say the reason we were so tough to break down was actually due to playing a back 6/7 with the two central midfielders protecting the back four (although I will give credit to Lindsay, who did start the season well) As soon as RL opened up, we were so easy to play against it was unreal...
  9. R

I remember one game in particular where we had a 2v1 with Cannon in support (at the Town End) & as soon as Parrott got the ball I said to my friend “there’s no way he will pass this”, .which he didn’t & blew the opportunity Strange how someone with a top Premier League club, playing at the...
  10. R

DC’s little one is in my Daughters class at nursery. If I see him I’ll mention the PNE link to him! At worst he’ll tell me to do one!! 😂
  11. R

Head of Media leaving PNE

Can see her going to work at Liverpool as I quite often see the chap who presents the weekend stuff sat behind Klopp at Anfield. Wish her all the very best 👍🏼
  12. R

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

I couldn’t put it better myself!
  13. R

An evening with Sean Gregan - 28th October 2022

There’s a possibility of another evening with a PNE legend around May next year, but who would people pay to see? Personally I’d love to see David Eyres, as I can imagine he’s got some tales to tell? Any other names the forum members can suggest?
  14. R

An evening with Sean Gregan - 28th October 2022

Good morning all To those who attended last nights evening with Sean Gregan through the forum I’d like to thank you for helping make the evening a huge success Greeg’s was an absolute gent and some brilliant stories were told I’m sure there will be other ‘legend’ nights and will keep you...
  15. R

Now I see it

Good point @Yeti with regards to the fact the centre halves didn’t offer any overlap to help the wing backs during the game. That’s one of the things Hughes has impressed me with & Cunningham offered zero intent going forward. And not much more going the other way to be honest We’re so one...