Schemer's latest activity

• Schemer
    Schemer reacted to miff's post in the thread Where has the Deepdale Duck gone ? with Haha Haha.
    Flown south for the winter ;)
  • Schemer
    Schemer reacted to No Danger's post in the thread So 60 years on? with Like Like.
    More depressing than interesting :)
  • Schemer
    Schemer replied to the thread So 60 years on?.
    Maybe, or was the £55,000 for both of them?
  • Schemer
    What are the odds the leader and cronies will be pushing for her deselection prior to the next GE and briefing against her like they...
  • Schemer
    Schemer replied to the thread Come on without......
    I think Bolton fans used that for their Frannie Lee.
  • Schemer
    Yes, that's the figure that sticks in my mind for some reason. Did well at Everton but strangely only won a handful of Scotland caps. I...
  • Schemer
    Schemer reacted to Howick White's post in the thread So 60 years on? with Like Like.
    Dave Barber signed from Barnsley the beginning of the following season. It was Garbutt Richardson who was experimented with at...
  • Schemer
    Schemer reacted to BeteNoir's post in the thread So 60 years on? with Sad Sad.
    The last game in the Ist division was at Burnden Park, 1-1 I was at the game, never thinking we'd never get back in the top division...
  • Schemer
    We're also the only founder member of the league still a league club never to have played in the Premier League. As mentioned elsewhere...
  • Schemer
    Schemer reacted to Sid Snot's post in the thread So 60 years on? with Like Like.
    We ended that season playing a right half, Dave Barber, at centre forward. He scored one or two but obviously not enough.
  • Schemer
    Interestingly, as per the article linked by @Thracia in post #16: "Glossop North End finished bottom of the old First Division in...
  • Schemer
    Well, we certainly missed Tom Finney, who ended the previous season leading scorer on 17 in 37 games (out of a total of 79) - at the age...
  • Schemer
    Schemer reacted to Thracia's post in the thread So 60 years on? with Sad Sad.
    Ridsdale's new argument seems to be, because we've not been up there for 60 years, we have no history of being up there, so we should...
  • Schemer
    Schemer reacted to Walton's post in the thread So 60 years on? with Like Like.
    It was when perennial no hopers Brighton waltzed into Deepdale and walked away with Mark Lawrenson and Gary Williams that really pissed...
  • Schemer
    Worth noting (or perhaps best not to) that in 1960/61, Wigan Athletic finished 3rd in the Lancashire Combination Div 1. 44 years on...