Recent content by SoccerHQ

1. S

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

As I feared....basically thinks the last 8 games will translate into 40 next season. I wish Frankie the very best but I fear it's naive thinking and he won't be backed enough. Other clubs will continue to cheat the system so thinking half the league will go bust is again wishful thinking. You...
  2. S

Early summer transfer gossip

It was a lot but they generally sell big each summer (although probably not this summer with what they have left). Anyway in last 3-4 years Webster, Brownhill and Lloyd Kelly all left for prem clubs for pretty much 50m combined and so they invested decent amount back in so that's the difference...
  3. S

Think he'd be a brilliant pick up if he's one of those released (bit odd as they paid about 6m for him and his record is decent, usually gets double figures in championship seasons). Has discipline problems but to me that would be a bit like say Reading picking up Lucas Joao when he looked...
  4. S

Retained List (Confirmed)

Nugent should've been given 12 month deal when he signed. Bodin shouldn't have got that 12 month extension sometime in 2019 when he hadn't shown enough at this level and was already picking up injuries. Both would've therefore been released last summer.
  5. S

This Season or Next ?

Sheff Weds got 12 points initally which went down to 6 on appeal so three would seem very low to me particularly as it seems they manipulated the appeal process to try to delay things for this season. Not worth doing it if it's just 3 point deduction. I'd say next season on balance given as...
  6. S

I thought he did o.k when he had the run of starts over the xmas period, was the best form of the season after all (under AN) and I think three clean sheets in a row. Was actually surprised he got loaned out. Ultimately going forward Cunningham and Hughes remain here for next season and no...
  7. S

Feel for Moult. He'd have been a better back up/plan b option in last two seasons than Stockley imo if not for the injury. Others didn't work out but then someone like Ginnelly was just a low risk punt (hopefully it wasn't a genuine idea to actually think he could replace Calum Robinson but...
  8. S

A message from Gally as he confirms his retirement from playing.

Great great servant and player. Got a feeling he'll make a really good coach/manager so I get the feeling he could well be manager at some point in next decade although could well have to cut his teeth lower down first. I remember way back in summer 2007 being really excited when he came for...
  9. S

Frankie McAvoy appointed new head coach (Confirmed).

Well done to him, deserves it on his record. I really hope the club to back him now.....but I suspect the opposite will happen e.g just thinking he'll get 40 odd games out of this squad like the last 10 and I suspect club will be looking for another manager in six months time. Hope I'm wrong...
  10. S

Dion Charles must be an obvious target surely, really good scoring season for them (mind you so was Bodin for Bristol Rovers) and probably the sort you could rotate with Evans next season while he settles in. Haven't seen enough of him to know if his game can translate to championship level but...
  11. S

Liam Lindsay joins on loan (Confirmed)

Yes in league one. Same as Morgan getting promoted a few times from that league (who was arguably even worse as a replacement!)
  12. S

Yeah I do think that's the plan going forward if Frankie stays, nothing amazing about it but at least with Bauer back it looks reasonably competant and hopefully Storey can really kick on now. Been a critic but he's been good since the change of manager and another experienced CB around him...
  13. S

Just to add.... He reminds me of Neill Collins so much (which isn't a great look!) IIRC Collins came in on loan, looked a bit s*** (considering he effectively replaced St Ledger), was signed anyway, Irvine was sacked a day later and then Fergie Jr came in and didn't rate him and he just got...
  14. S

Can see him being signed tbh, Stoke will be desperate to get him off the wage bill so probably a small fee signing.
  15. S

Connor Ripley

Seems like he's been here for ages, don't tell me he's another bench warmer who got a new 2-3 year deal on the quiet?!