PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Recent content by TonyK1

1. TonyK1

Matchday Thread PNE v Hull City - 02/03/24 - KO:3PM - Championship

Whilst agreeing with most posts that ali McCann had his best game for PNE today and should definitely got the MOM award, I believe Alan Browne had a fantastic game as RWB too and was excellent throughout the match. His control and movement were top drawer and he was equally involved in...
  2. TonyK1

PNE academy

When PNE originally applied for permission to build the under cover facility at Springies ( think it was during the Derek Shaw era), they planned to build it with a white exterior cladding which would have stuck out like a sore thumb instead of going for a more subtle and sensitive approach...
  3. TonyK1

PNE Academy/Central League Thread 23/24

My understanding is that the original plans to refresh the ageing sports facilities on Ashton Park have been objected to by locals , most of whom live in properties which face or back onto the park in some way. Whilst a park is intended to be an open space which walkers, cyclists etc can enjoy...
  4. TonyK1

Matchday Thread PNE v Middlesbrough -14-02-24 - KO:7.45PM - Championship

Agree with Surf re comments regarding throw ins which are predictable and abysmal in equal measure as they usally result in a 50-50 headed challenge close to the touchline which is more often than not lost and we are on the back foot once again. Some real variation and a quickly taken throw in...
  5. TonyK1

When Saturday comes.

Yeah and to make things even worse, the final at Wembley used to be the special day as you describe, but now the Semi-finals are played there too which for me takes something else away from the spectacle it once was. In the end money has prevailed once again and we are the poorer for it as a...
  6. TonyK1

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

The disappointing thing with Freddy is how many times he has been beaten at his near post this season, and as has also been pointed out, he suddenly seems more susceptible to shots from 20 - 25 yards. Hopefully his form will improve and get back to the levels we came to expect last season.
  7. TonyK1

Matchday Thread Sunderland v PNE - 1/1/24 - KO:12:30pm - Championship

One thing is clear from my perspective is that despite the obvious lack of a real plan for most games I have seen this season, we would undoubtedly be really in the shit if it hadn't been for the consistent performances from Alan Browne whereever he has been asked to play. It might be a bit...
  8. TonyK1

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

If kian Best is good enough to potentially sell to any one of four Premier League clubs supposedly interested in signng him, then he is also a player worth keeping isn't he? So many times we read woeful stories about the youth setup rarely bringing through any talent into first team...
  9. TonyK1

Matchday Thread Swansea City v PNE - 22/12/23 - KO:7:45PM

For the life of me I can't understand when there are only 3 or 4 minutes of extra time left with the score at 1-1 why RL decides to take Alan Browne off and bring on Woodburn, instead of just seeing the game out and taking at least the point we had which would have been better than nothing...
  10. TonyK1

Freddie Woodman

I wouldn't read too much into the Mike pollitt immediate pre-match warm -up with Freddie as he was definitely there and involved earlier before the players went back into the dressing room pre kick off. My main gripe is his deliberately slow play from goal kicks etc, some of which he has been...
  11. TonyK1

Rigidity and Chat.

To be fair to Best, he had licence to get forwards in the wing back role as Hughes was there as covering defender, when on Saturday he was playing the Hughes role with Brady further forward as the more attacking outlet down the left side. At least he tried to create something which was more...
  12. TonyK1

Team v QPR

I noticedHughes got himself a silly booking last night for applauding a referees decision. However frustrating things are, the players need to think before they react as was the case with Brady at the weekend!!
  13. TonyK1

Team v Boro

Apparently Mads was ill on Saturday so unable to play and I agree we missed his creativity and potential goal threat. Hopefully he is fit to start tonight and can partner Holmes in the attacking midfield roles.
  14. TonyK1

Beckham New Documentary

To give DB some credit, when he won sports personality of the year, in his acceptance speech he listed all the great clubs he had played for during his career. PNE were included slong with Real Madrid. Man U etc which was a refreshing change as many award winners tend to conveniently forget the...
  15. TonyK1

Jordan Storey

Storey had a great game and does not deserve the negative comments we often see on the forum. He has become a much better player since his loan to Sheff wed and long may it continue!!