PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Recent content by 'Well PNESC

1. 'Well PNESC

The Big Screen........🙄

Not at all. Much bigger problems at Deepdale currently, though, than pandering to technology-obsessed geeks.
  2. 'Well PNESC

The Big Screen........🙄

Diddums! Screen not big enough, wrong angle, pixels missing, wrong font, in the wrong position, sunlight a problem, moonlight a problem, everything a problem,13 years old, 20 years old, yes it is, no it isn’t, he installed it, no he didn’t. When I have time, I will re-write this to the tune of...
  3. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

Reminds me of the American in Edinburgh asking why they built the castle so far away from the railway station.
  4. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

I drove big red open-top City Sightseeing buses in Glasgow for a while, as I mentioned previously, and Americans were by far the thickest passengers I had to deal with. During the high season, buses were every 10 minutes and every second departure had a guide commentating live via a microphone...
  5. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

A lad I knew in Germany had lived in America for a while. He went for a beer after work one night over there and someone asked where he was from. “Dortmund” he replied. “Oh, did you drive here?” was the reply!
  6. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

Scots have always been known for getting about! I knew quite a few during my years in Preston. I lived in Germany too but I was the sole exotic foreigner!
  7. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

My football burdens are all long-standing relationships. Motherwell since 1968 (born 300 yards from Fir Park). North End since 1971 (initially through my aunt and later lived in Preston myself for 21 years). Fortuna Düsseldorf since 1991 (been there ten times on holiday). FC Utrecht since...
  8. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

All my teams are the same. I follow four clubs in four different countries. So far this weekend, three of them have lost. The fourth kicks off shortly. I deal with this by putting on a four-way bet every weekend for all to lose. If any of them don’t lose, I’m happy. If they all lose, I get...
  9. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

Not bad for a 48 year old! This early League Cup exit means the mighty ‘Well can concentrate on relegation now.
  10. 'Well PNESC

Match Day - Reading v PNE - 14/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Reminds me of another old one. When you suddenly have a cold shiver and somebody says “That’s somebody walking on your grave”. To which the reply is “That’s good, I’m getting buried at sea!”
  11. 'Well PNESC

Match Day - Reading v PNE - 14/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

This has always been the case for decades. Local reporters rely on a cosy relationship with a club otherwise they would have nothing to write every day. Proof of this came in the 1990s when the Lancashire Evening Post’s PNE correspondent Paul Agnew jacked it in and moved to Deepdale in a...
  12. 'Well PNESC

Programme

The first edition was for the Anglo Scottish Cup tie v Blackpool on 4th August 1979. Took a photo but struggling to upload it.
  13. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

Remember him well. Started at Hibs then a big-money glamour move to Arsenal. He never really lived up to the hype and was well on the way down by the time he reached Motherwell. Had a lot of personal problems in later life I think.
  14. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

In the midst of all this nostalgia I forgot the North End connection! Stevie Woods has been Celtic’s goalkeeping coach for a good number of years alongside Chris.
  15. 'Well PNESC

Gerrard at Ibrox?

I met him in the shopping centre in Dortmund along with Billy Davies and Tommy Coyne on the day of the UEFA Cup tie against Borussia in 1994. He was captain for years. Should have had loads of Scottish caps but played for a ‘wee diddy club’ as they say here. He’s been high up in the youth...