Recent content by wld

1. W

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

There was one of those near me on The Invincibles, I believe he’s well known amongst the younger fans. He tended to be quiet when Robinson’s dad was sat near us!
  2. W

This corona virus thing...

We‘ve got a test and trace system?
  3. W

I know somebody who had to go to hospital a couple of weeks ago for tests. His doctor told him he had to go to Blackburn but he was reluctant because of all the stuff we’ve heard about East Lancs. His doctor told him that Blackburn was in a much better state than RPH. Anecdotal I know but I...
  4. W

Buy your PNE Beer

Coincidentally I’ve just read in the newspaper that someone has bought the Wagner’s name and has just started selling the party 7 again. You’d have to be a certain age to remember the fun you had opening one of those! https://party-seven.com/
  5. W

Buy your PNE Beer

I suppose when I think about were my coca cola has been and what’s in it, I might as well be drinking the cheaper cans of beer!
  6. W

Buy your PNE Beer

I have to admit I’ve always wondered whether or not it’s worth it. If I do drink beer now it bloats me up too and I don’t really enjoy it, the cheaper stuff must be full of additives.
  7. W

Buy your PNE Beer

I don’t really drink anymore but in my day you’d get a whole crate of 24 beers, a 6 pack of crisps and a box of chocolates for less than the price of 6 cans of this stuff. That would have been Boddingtons or the such like so not high end but this sort of thing surely can‘t be worth £2.50 a can...
  8. W

Harmless fun or us northerners being as daft as those in London a few weeks ago? I honestly don’t know.
  9. W

COVID TESTING

That‘ll learn you!
  10. W

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.
  11. W

Hope he gets better soon Ando. Can he not either text or use the telephone on the console - or is he not up to that?
  12. W

That sounds like it could be good news eventually! This was last night but potentially fantastic news for a faster rollout of vaccines because it is a one shot vaccine...
  13. W

The government have been aware of what they call a worrying variant emerging in Brazil. It seems like they've learned their lesson this time and have put travel bans in place and stopped travel from Brazil, or at least enforced testing and quarantine for all arriving from the area. Haven't they?
  14. W

No they haven’t. I do think they’ve ignored advice because it didn’t fit with some of their other policies but I believe they thought they were doing their best and were trying to balance priorities. However, the decision making in the very early days was exceptionally flawed, especially as we...
  15. W

The damage has been done to a very large extent and there’s probably not a lot they could do different now. However, I am pretty sure they wouldn’t have wasted billions of a track system that doesn‘t, and never has, work - unless you count lining the pockets of donors as working. They wouldn’t...