PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lukas Nmecha enigma

Id hardly call that a strop, TBH.

There is an iggy button for those who dont quite get Kathryns humour.

Has me in stitches, personally, especially when she succeeds in pulling little lads todgers :)

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I’d hardly call it hilarious correcting spelling mistakes. Each to their own :)

He was in and out of the team. I can't even remember who was keeping him out. Sonetines he wasn't even in the 18. Then he performed away to Bournemouth in the Cup, kept his place v Villa and showed everyone what he really was about for the 1st time. Rest is history.

I certainly remember the Bournemouth game being a turning point. Makienok hat trick?

I mean because having a go at a player playing his first proper season at any level is constructive isn't it. As SF posted before - players like Josh King didn't do much here but have gone on to establish decent premier league careers. Nmecha will do the same - I will guarantee that. Josh King didn't score for us, andy carroll scored 1 in 11 for us, paul Gallagher scored 1 in 19 for us (first time around.) - as a forward. This is the constructive part - to expect a 19 year old (sorry 20) to lead the line in his first championship season and score goals is wrong. He may not be the finished article people expect of him - but I have seen enough in certain games to know he will be a decent prem player in a few years. To have a go at a player in his first season in professional football and say 'i'm not convinced' based on his first ever season isn't constructive in the slightest. If you haven't been convinced by Nmecha then god knows what you thought about the rest of our squad when we first signed them.
So. We now have this laughable situation where YOU can GUARANTEE thiat things will happen in the footballing future. But other folk like myself 'know fuck all' about football? And you say they 'know fuck all' because they have an opinion that is different to yours.
You seem to be confusing the words 'constructive' with 'supportive'. Yes, support Nmecha all you want on the forum - many do, and so have I in several previous posts. But on a thread entitled 'LUKAS Nmecha enigma' I will post my thoughts about him. If they are not the same thoughts as yours, fine and dandy, but please don't claim you can see into the future as a way of trying to prove you are correct and I am wrong. You can't guarantee anything in football.
But I can. I guarantee that when we send Nmecha back to City, as soon as it is considered safe to do so (this is usually about two weeks on here) there will be a flood of posts announcing he was rubbish or no thanks, we don't want him back. Just as happened with , Ooooohh, let's think, (scratches chin and stares upwards) Adam Reach. Aiden McGeady. Callum Robinson when he finished his first spell with us, to name but three. How many, now he is no longer at PNE will still say Stevie May is a good player, for example? It's the same story always. Greg Cunningham, incredibly, in less than twelve months, has gone from being the best left back we've ever had to someone we now wouldn't touch with a bargepole on this forum.
By the way, if you really can guarantee anything in the future, please let me send you my Acca predictions for the weekend and tell me which ones to change. Thanks Whitey, lad.

Greg Cunningham, incredibly, in less than twelve months, has gone from being the best left back we've ever had to someone we now wouldn't touch with a bargepole on this forum.

Eh? every single person in that thread said they'd love him back but all acknowledge we could never afford him.

Everyone was also desperate to get McGeady back.

Eh? every single person in that thread said they'd love him back but all acknowledge we could never afford him.

Everyone was also desperate to get McGeady back.

I think 'Dirty Harry' must have been on a prolonged holiday from the forum if he thinks the majority of us have nothing but respect for the abilities of Greg at least in the Championship, if not the Premiership. Like with Hugill many of us would think perhaps for both, a step too far.

There will always be some posters (fans too) who will never forgive Players or Managers who leave to (better themselves). Most of us though have a more ‘balanced view’ and thank them for their contribution while they were here and wish them well for the future

Some would be welcomed back (I can think of a few in that category) some not, due to comments thy made on leaving.
Don’t think Greg falls into that category

So. We now have this laughable situation where YOU can GUARANTEE thiat things will happen in the footballing future. But other folk like myself 'know fuck all' about football? And you say they 'know fuck all' because they have an opinion that is different to yours.
You seem to be confusing the words 'constructive' with 'supportive'. Yes, support Nmecha all you want on the forum - many do, and so have I in several previous posts. But on a thread entitled 'LUKAS Nmecha enigma' I will post my thoughts about him. If they are not the same thoughts as yours, fine and dandy, but please don't claim you can see into the future as a way of trying to prove you are correct and I am wrong. You can't guarantee anything in football.
But I can. I guarantee that when we send Nmecha back to City, as soon as it is considered safe to do so (this is usually about two weeks on here) there will be a flood of posts announcing he was rubbish or no thanks, we don't want him back. Just as happened with , Ooooohh, let's think, (scratches chin and stares upwards) Adam Reach. Aiden McGeady. Callum Robinson when he finished his first spell with us, to name but three. How many, now he is no longer at PNE will still say Stevie May is a good player, for example? It's the same story always. Greg Cunningham, incredibly, in less than twelve months, has gone from being the best left back we've ever had to someone we now wouldn't touch with a bargepole on this forum.
By the way, if you really can guarantee anything in the future, please let me send you my Acca predictions for the weekend and tell me which ones to change. Thanks Whitey, lad.

Do you have a taste for the outrageous or something? Where on Earth have you got this tosh from? He was one of the best left backs in the league when he was with us and would probably remain so were he to be relegated with Cardiff.

If you’re going to make a claim, at least make sure it’s substantiated.

Not sure about McGeady / Cunningham tbh, do remember people thinking Pringle would be better than Reach though.

I think 'Dirty Harry' must have been on a prolonged holiday from the forum if he thinks the majority of us have nothing but respect for the abilities of Greg at least in the Championship, if not the Premiership. Like with Hugill many of us would think perhaps for both, a step too far.

There will always be some posters (fans too) who will never forgive Players or Managers who leave to (better themselves). Most of us though have a more ‘balanced view’ and thank them for their contribution while they were here and wish them well for the future

Some would be welcomed back (I can think of a few in that category) some not, due to comments thy made on leaving.
Don’t think Greg falls into that category

Agree completely. Cunningham is probably our best left back of the modern era, and by all accounts a good lad to boot. I'd have him back here in a heartbeat if it was at all realistic, which it isn't.

I hold my hands up with Ben Davies (thank fuck I was wrong for once!) having seen him live in the flesh at both PNE and Fleetwood. No way would you have had him down as the player he now is.

I did however post the 1st serious post on here praising Ben Pearson after that Villa game. Might even have been at HT. Can't remember.
Hmm.

I was at Pearson's debut at Bristol City and posted on another forum that he was the standout player and reminded me of Gregan in that he'd be a massive fan favourite for his big tackling. @sf replied saying "if he's half as good as Gregan he'll be a top player for us"

So despite your weird attempt to gloat about it, you weren't the first to recognise his talent, sorry to disappoint.

What I don’t understand is the love-in with Nmecha, he is a young kid, he’s on loan, he will never sign for us, he has had two thirds of a season and has scored only two/non , depending on your view, goals for us, why would PNE fans care one way or another how good he may or may not be? Or am I missing something?

What I don’t understand is the love-in with Nmecha, he is a young kid, he’s on loan, he will never sign for us, he has had two thirds of a season and has scored only two/non , depending on your view, goals for us, why would PNE fans care one way or another how good he may or may not be? Or am I missing something?

I think any love-in is a lot to do with the fact that Pep The Almighty has deemed little old Preston worthy of loaning one of his young pups........