PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Player of the Year Interview - Aiden McGeady.

Of course it matters if they were shite.
See I disagree with that. I would applaud a former player for example if they did a decent job for us - Joey Garner is a prime example.
Are you saying you would applaud any former player no matter how they did for us. Darren Carter, Craig Morgan etc are players who would not get applauded because they put 0 effort into playing for PNE. Tyias Browning was exactly the same. He put in 0 effort and was a dreadful loan signing. So you explain to me why I should applaud a player who didn't give two shits about playing for our football club.
Yes I see what you mean John now that you mention Carter & Morgan. Perhaps I saw Browning acknowledge applause that was intended for Billy Jones.

And that sublime reverse pass from Gally, up there with Welsh's tackle at Wembley. Joint best of the decade.

Of course it matters if they were shite.
See I disagree with that. I would applaud a former player for example if they did a decent job for us - Joey Garner is a prime example.
Are you saying you would applaud any former player no matter how they did for us. Darren Carter, Craig Morgan etc are players who would not get applauded because they put 0 effort into playing for PNE. Tyias Browning was exactly the same. He put in 0 effort and was a dreadful loan signing. So you explain to me why I should applaud a player who didn't give two shits about playing for our football club.
Darren carter
Zero effort ?
I think you are being a little kind there ?
Dont you know that he once scored a pretty good goal for West Brom who are a much bigger team than us that naturally entitled him to prance around for the next couple of years milking said goal ?

The booing was stupid because he wasn’t even given the option of coming back here. PNE didn’t try to bring him back that summer. For financial and a couple of other reasons. All the booing did was get him fired up.

As for his comments before the game, what else is he meant to say about his current team. Of course in public he will say he thinks they’ve got a better team.

Having not tried for him in the summer, he actually almost came back on loan in January 2018 when it became clear that he wasn’t getting on with Chris Coleman. AN fancied doing a deal until the end of the season but it fell through, probably on finances.
I distinctly remember that he was mainly responsible the booing himself. During the warm up the AKTE warmly applauded him as he made his way to the players tunnel (as we do with returning players who have served us so well). He completely snubbed the applause & IMHO this triggered the subsequent booing. Everyone was aware that his departure from Deepdale was out of his hands and probably against his will.

It's all water under the bridge now & his goal celebration was taken completely out of complex. Even tough it is very unlikely, I would welcome him back with open arms. He is up there with Mooney & Fuller as one of the most entertaining players I've seen in all my years supporting PNE

I think you're confusing mediocrity with common courtesy / respect. Not suggesting that Browning was the greatest player for us of course but you can judge a player & say he lacked effort or is mediocre over 8 games?

Appreciate it's not for everyone & that's fine but IMHO anyone who comes back to play at Deepdale who has worn our shirt deserves some sort of clap from the AKTE whether that be half a dozen people or the whole stand.

Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh with the mediocre part but I can judge the Browning signing to be a mediocre signing. But I can confidently say he lacked effort. In the Newcastle defeat he was jogging in slow motion whilst chasing a Newcastle player back. I mean if you deserve a small clap at least you need to put in some effort at least.

Better than Fuller? Big shout that
My comment was who was the last player who got us off our seats, ie Fuller.

But in response to your comment, yes he is / was a better player than fuller

Do i love fuller and is he a pne legend YES! But Geady was a champions league player, this cant be ignored

So he started 28 games out of 46, and was completely out in the cold by March, with Coleman raging about him. Told to find a new club by a league one club halfway through this season. What a relief we didn't waste a fortune on him.
Yeah, I was replying to the guy who said he did nothing in League One when he actually hit double figures and was class.
3 penalties. So 8 goals from open play in league 1 and he's heralded as some absolute football genius? So glad we didn't sign him permanently.

Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh with the mediocre part but I can judge the Browning signing to be a mediocre signing. But I can confidently say he lacked effort. In the Newcastle defeat he was jogging in slow motion whilst chasing a Newcastle player back. I mean if you deserve a small clap at least you need to put in some effort at least.

Browning was a disgrace of a player and the fact Grayson wanted him back should have rung serious alarm bells at Ridsdale HQ. Sunderland fans hate him too, he was lucky that Galloway joined them who was even worse.

Browning is now playing over in China and from what I can see has been rubbish, however given the rules over in China he's the best of a hilariously bad bunch.

Browning is playing in China now, and has even converted to a Chinese name. Presumably the main attraction moving there was the money but I doubt he had many options in the UK.

He had all the physical qualities needed to be a good defender, but looked uninterested and just totally lacked the intensity required for the English game. He is also injury prone.

Before SG moved to Sunderland he wanted to re-sign Browning and Baptiste for PNE and was vetoed by the club. As we know he then took Browning to Sunderland where he struggled again at Championship level.

Too expensive
Too moody
Never believe an assist number. They are not worth the paper they are written on
As I said. Played on his terms
And frankly over rated
We weren’t falling over “stellar” signings at the time so I feel our general ability offered a bit of flattering to him also
Sorry but I just don’t get the adulation of some players who based on the Praise heaped upon them would be world class

De Bruyne,Alexander-arnold, Silva, Mahrez, Firmino, lead the prem in assists. Last year Benrahma, Buendia, Hernandez, and Kamil Grosicki lead the championship.

Seems to be a very strong correlation between assists and quality of the player. Why dont you think assists are worth anything?

Other team's forums and Championship Groups referred to us as Aiden McGeady FC when he was with us, such was his impact upon games.

If you were going for the overrated angle: either he was all flair with no end product, but the stats disprove that. Or he has inflated stats, but watch all our highlights and you will see that not to be true either

So he started 28 games out of 46, and was completely out in the cold by March, with Coleman raging about him. Told to find a new club by a league one club halfway through this season. What a relief we didn't waste a fortune on him.

3 penalties. So 8 goals from open play in league 1 and he's heralded as some absolute football genius? So glad we didn't sign him permanently.
Out in the cold by March, apart from the 4 games he played in March and the 5 he played in April.

De Bruyne,Alexander-arnold, Silva, Mahrez, Firmino, lead the prem in assists. Last year Benrahma, Buendia, Hernandez, and Kamil Grosicki lead the championship.

Seems to be a very strong correlation between assists and quality of the player. Why dont you think assists are worth anything?

Other team's forums and Championship Groups referred to us as Aiden McGeady FC when he was with us, such was his impact upon games.

If you were going for the overrated angle: either he was all flair with no end product, but the stats disprove that. Or he has inflated stats, but watch all our highlights and you will see that not to be true either
I’ve offered my opinion
You don’t agree