PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The importance of the remaining games

Waddie

Not something I am enjoying writing, but after Saturdays poor game I am seriously considering my Deepdale future!
The shambles of ifollow on Saturday got me frustrated, and when I did manage to watch the game my frustration just grew and I thought 'I don't want or need this in my life'!
Now this isn't just based on Saturday's match but on a rather large number of similar games over a number of years. We simply do not seem to have progressed, so to me, the excitement has gone!
Mrs Waddie is of the same opinion, and as we are coming up to retirement and moving home any extra money can easily be spent elsewhere where we could get enjoyment (notice I didn't say excitment ;) )
So, If the team show a bit of passion and spirit over the next few games we may renew our season tickets, but believe me, they really really need to if they want my money next season.

Not something I am enjoying writing, but after Saturdays poor game I am seriously considering my Deepdale future!
The shambles of ifollow on Saturday got me frustrated, and when I did manage to watch the game my frustration just grew and I thought 'I don't want or need this in my life'!
Now this isn't just based on Saturday's match but on a rather large number of similar games over a number of years. We simply do not seem to have progressed, so to me, the excitement has gone!
Mrs Waddie is of the same opinion, and as we are coming up to retirement and moving home any extra money can easily be spent elsewhere where we could get enjoyment (notice I didn't say excitment ;) )
So, If the team show a bit of passion and spirit over the next few games we may renew our season tickets, but believe me, they really really need to if they want my money next season.
I havent missed, one bit, that saturday feeling during covid.

There are so few games over the past few years that I can say i really enjoyed. Most I come away feeling why do I bother?

I think there could be a few reassesing.

Lkke others have said, if the club were as interested as the fans, the return post covid was/still is a perfect opportunity to steal a march on other contenders and start with a flourish. A lethergic start implies disinterest or lack of real motivation for the top league. Catdiff x 2 spring back to.mind. As with many things, covid is going to make people evaluate how theyve spent their time and money and adjust accordingly. The current tv games without crowd are going to hsve people flocking elsewhere.

i must admit i'm feeling like that waddie , , we are downsizing too at the moment,do i really want the hassle of matchday, constantly asking myself why clubs like burnley, blackburn, bolton oldham and even friggin' carlisle have managed to get to the top division but we can't. if the product were entertaining i could cope with it but it's not. what we are getting now under an is toothless attacking, long ball very few shots on target, a striking pair that have 5 goals between them, strange substitutions and it's enough right now for me to open that bottle of glenmorangie. rant over good night all.

Must admit that I haven't missed football as much as first thought I would, and after listening to Saturday's match on Radio Lancs with no enthusiasm on my part, it made me realise that there are more important things in life. Especially after this horrible virus taking so many lives and someone my wife and I had known.

Going to be honest I have written this season off. What I saw, we would get smashed in the Prem. We are not ready, no where near. So I am writing off this season. I can't see them showing any passion and they haven't for a while. So I feel you won't be renewing, Enjoy whatever your new hobby is :cool:

What I will say its not just the players, the Management as well, quit the bullcrap interviews and stop the negative tactics and changes.

the game after Westley was sacked when Dryer took charge and we battered Bournemouth (who were promoted) 2-0 was a good as I have seen PNE play for years.

I remember that game very well. There was a great buzz of anticipation before kickoff. It was like a massive weight had been lifted, for players and supporters alike. And both duly responded!

Well, I can't get to too many games, living a long way away - so maybe I com from a different perspective. But I really can't share this lack of enthusiasm for PNE.

Hopefully we'll all get the buzz back soon. I miss all sorts of human contact and togetherness. For me, it makes the shared experience of our football communities even more valuable.

I've had to think hard during the lockdown about starting to go back on PNE regularly. Two or three home games each month would cost me roughly £75 a month. Make that £120 with the odd away game added. Then I weighed that cost up and realised I could alternatively use that amount each month to do things such as increase my car finance package to upgrade my car, get a brand new and much needed new boiler fitted at home on pay monthly, and have some left for a savings account for the grandchildren. Or, of course, just a nice extra holiday each year. I'll always love PNE but at as I hit my mid fifties, sadly, the other options are looking like a no brainer.

i must admit i'm feeling like that waddie , , we are downsizing too at the moment,do i really want the hassle of matchday, constantly asking myself why clubs like burnley, blackburn, bolton oldham and even friggin' carlisle have managed to get to the top division but we can't. if the product were entertaining i could cope with it but it's not. what we are getting now under an is toothless attacking, long ball very few shots on target, a striking pair that have 5 goals between them, strange substitutions and it's enough right now for me to open that bottle of glenmorangie. rant over good night all.

You forgot to mention Blackpoo twice getting in the top division

Must admit that I haven't missed football as much as first thought I would, and after listening to Saturday's match on Radio Lancs with no enthusiasm on my part, it made me realise that there are more important things in life. Especially after this horrible virus taking so many lives and someone my wife and I had known.
Sorry to hear that you’ve known someone who has lost their lives to this virus

Great post from the OP, I feel exactly the same.

Covid has brought a lot of things home to me one of which is I didn't really miss the footy at all.

That coupled with a lack of refund which as I've posted numerous times is not on IMO I will certainly be reassessing what I do next season irrespective of how this season turns out.