PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Old West Stand lettering

Does anyone have any idea what year those letters were put up?!

Before the STF stand was built we of course had the Old West Stand. The words Preston North End FC were on the back of it in huge iron lettering. Well, i bought the ‘O’ from those letters from ebay last year and i was wondering if anyone knows how old the letters are / what year they were put up ?!

Thanks!

I seem to remember that the west stand was built about 1906 - I can only assume that the letters were added at the same time.

They were certainly there in the first half of the 60s when I first started supporting the team - no idea how long before that. I am still rather dismayed that the Lamb& Flag crest that used to overlook the pitch from the front of the old Pavilion stand was apparently just cast away.

They were certainly there in the first half of the 60s when I first started supporting the team - no idea how long before that. I am still rather dismayed that the Lamb& Flag crest that used to overlook the pitch from the front of the old Pavilion stand was apparently just cast away.
To a certain person’s garden shed, along with a set of gates etc.

Now if you are saying that crest still exists I am enormously pleased. It seems it wasn't as old as I thought - I believe it only dated from the 50s - but it was there when I started supporting the team and it has gazed down on the likes of Alex Dawson, Nobby Lawton and Howard Kendall so it has a place in the heritage of the club. Personally I think it ought to be on display somewhere in the ground though obviously it would look out of place back in anything like its former position - it might look good for instance on the wall of the ticket office. But I still also think a digital Lamb & Flag blazing out from that big screen inside the ground would look really good.

Thats brilliant, remember going every so often to watch the progress... God it was slow... I also went to the big one being built at Blackpool pleasure beach.... Before Internet days!!!

You have the gates leading into the player's entrance and main offices on Lowthorpe Road?

players-entrance-at-deepdale-home-of-preston-north-end-football-club-picture-id831082044

I think that some of the old turnstiles were sold off as well as the other stuff...

Did anyone on here buy one ?