PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

By the same token raefil if our soldiers acted like the mardy woke brigade, the Germans would have merely needed to call names and they all would have sat there crying and protesting.
I keep seeing this "Woke," crap, what exactly does it mean?

so is this, "Woke," crap a new phrase to perhaps replace, "Virtue signallers," etc for those people who know the difference between right and wrong and wont just sit there placidly.

so is this, "Woke," crap a new phrase to perhaps replace, "Virtue signallers," etc for those people who know the difference between right and wrong and wont just sit there placidly.
It's a cheap and easy put down - like in the past when you might be called a 'do gooder'. It seems to absolve people from giving a proper argument.

partners school chosen as one of the "moonshot" trials so they'll all be getting tested at least weekly it seems

partners school chosen as one of the "moonshot" trials so they'll all be getting tested at least weekly it seems
looking like moonshot will be used on anyone tracked and traced, also. Rather than having to stay off work they will instead be tested daily for 2 weeks and able to carry on as normal whilst still negative.

Woke:- It means to be awake to issues of social justice and racial justice. How does this make someone mardy?
These days every damned thing is a social issue or a racial injustice. Sorry I believe in absolute equality all day long but this lot, ram it down your throat and if you dare disagree with anything they say the accusations are ridiculous. They are causing more harm than good. It’s my opinion, Im not alone and I’m using the last bit of free speech that’s available for now!

See my post above.
Nobody has rammed anything down my throat, Joan. From the age of about 12 I saw how my friend, Naresh, was treated at school. I needed nobody to talk to me about, "Woke, Do gooder, Virtue signaller," etc. I knw wrong was wrong. Even then I was called, "Paki lover," because I stood up for what was right.

Woke is mild ;)

Nobody has rammed anything down my throat, Joan. From the age of about 12 I saw how my friend, Naresh, was treated at school. I needed nobody to talk to me about, "Woke, Do gooder, Virtue signaller," etc. I knw wrong was wrong. Even then I was called, "Paki lover," because I stood up for what was right.

Woke is mild ;)
You sure about that? Bet Nobber would beg to differ...

Woke is mild ;)
I haven’t said it didn’t exist of course it did and, still does to a much lesser extent. However things have improved greatly since you were at school. I think race relations over the last 20-30 years have changed for the better immensely without anybody telling us what to think, what to say and how to say it. I think that has done more damage than anything. Again, it’s my opinion.

I haven’t said it didn’t exist of course it did and, still does to a much lesser extent. However things have improved greatly since you were at school. I think race relations over the last 20-30 years have changed for the better immensely without anybody telling us what to think, what to say and how to say it. I think that has done more damage than anything. Again, it’s my opinion.
Things have improved. Like Raef I've been called n****r lover and worse for speaking against racist and bigoted views in the past..
Things have gone backwards thanks mainly to the whole Brexit thing - I've heard more racist language in the last 2-3 years than I had in the previous 20. Furthermore, when I call people out on it they are completely unashamed. If that makes me 'woke' then I'm proud of it.

Things have improved. Like Raef I've been called n****r lover and worse for speaking against racist and bigoted views in the past..
Things have gone backwards thanks mainly to the whole Brexit thing - I've heard more racist language in the last 2-3 years than I had in the previous 20. Furthermore, when I call people out on it they are completely unashamed. If that makes me 'woke' then I'm proud of it.
I’ve been called that too in the distant past, words that rolled right over me, if that’s how I’m seen I don’t give one tiny fig my conscience is clear and that’s all that matters to me.

what a pile of shite that Brexit caused racism. You chose to believe those that voted leave only did so on the grounds of race which is absolute tosh. I have neither seen nor heard of any more racism since the referendum and I know a very diverse group of people. My experiences are as good as yours and in mine, if you look for something nasty you will always find it, if you look for something good you will always find that too. Personally, I prefer to look for the good it’s a much nicer world.