PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Luton Town v PNE - 12/12/2020 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Players mostly to blame here, but Neil has to take some flack too. Allowing Stockley the full hour and browne the whole match is a joke

If he gets praised for our wins he has to get criticism for our embarrassing performances too
The buck does stop with Neil though - whilst it's certianly more equal in criticism than other bad results, he's in charge. Losing by a cricket score to Luton AND making them look like Liverpool in the process is surely a verbal warning?

It was a bit like watching the Rovers game again but obviously not quite as painful with it not being a local derby.
If I were to score the players top marks would be Maguire with a 4....a truly pitiful performance.
As many as FOUR?

Sorry cha, I can't accept this, sarrs cross that was undefendable, that was a lofted long pass, it was shit all round from the breakdown of our attack to the ball in the net. Absolutely shocking. We're gunning for the prem, apparently, WE CANNOT CARRY SHIT LIKE STOCKLEY AND HUNTS.
I didn’t particularly blame Storey for that Watford goal. Like you say the cross was a UCL standard cross.

But Storey’s standard of performance, to be honest ever since he’s been here (barring a few decent games in 2018), has been miles off it.

Fuck me that’s some recency bias. There isn’t a better fullback 1v1 in the division. First game back from injury and suddenly he is shit

The win percentage point has been made enough. But even today, he’s won about 8 challenges and been beaten 0 times

He’s class outright, but when Rafferty is your back up it is vital he stays fit
He's okay, nothing more, nothing less. Not a patch on Grezza in his prime, for example.

Anyway, not blaming him for the whole thing, he's one of 16 who've been dire today. Have a good rest of the weekend now that shambles is over.

Really struggling to see how we can look half decent the other night then the next game turn in a performance like this. There's no middle ground this season we're either awful or look like a decent unit. I'm convinced the want aways are having a negative effect on the team as a whole

The buck does stop with Neil though - whilst it's certianly more equal in criticism than other bad results, he's in charge. Losing but a cricket score to Luton AND making them look like Liverpool in the process is surely a verbal warning?
He’s not the only one to blame. He can’t be blamed for storeys inability to defend, Stockleys immobility or the fact the team can’t string three passes together

But it’s his passive tactics, and him who should be tearing underachievers to shreds not leaving them to carry on

Did we train this week? Im wandering if Neil can take the credit for the handful of good performances this season when most of it has been totally woeful! I would love to see the back of Neil, Hope the players are really hurting on that coach back! Spineless nonsence!

Sides who come up against us must love it, so predictable 4-2-3-1, 90% of games we play it must be so easy to prepare against. What tactically have we planned or tried to achieve attacking wise today? What do the defence do on the training ground, look like they don’t know each other.
It’s so disjointed and aimless time to go for me!!
Can't argue with this