PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely scenarios are that:

1/ Ridsdale has given the impression to Hemmings that the players would definitely resign for £x, a figure Hemmings is prepared to pay, and has got it wrong.

2/ Hemmings has said "lets keep them and go for it" under the impression that would give us a decent chance of promotion and between them they've misjudged what extra would be needed to achieve that.

3/ They've played chicken with the market and rejected decent offers previously and now are losing them for nothing.
The truth is none of us know but as I've said before I'm sure everything will have been done in the best interest of the club, unfortunately the players and their agents hold all the cards these days. People on here need to understand that you can't always have everything your own way. We are a well run club with a great stadium and now training ground comfortably sitting mid table in the championship with no debt although our squad should be doing better in my opinion. Unfortunately some on here have lost touch with the reality of where we are but thankfully some of us are still here to remind them.

The truth is none of us know but as I've said before I'm sure everything will have been done in the best interest of the club, unfortunately the players and their agents hold all the cards these days. People on here need to understand that you can't always have everything your own way. We are a well run club with a great stadium and now training ground comfortably sitting mid table in the championship with no debt although our squad should be doing better in my opinion. Unfortunately some on here have lost touch with the reality of where we are but thankfully some of us are still here to remind them.
And it never rains in Preston.

I think thats a slightly rose tinted view of the sitiuation at the very least.

In many respects we are in a good position but on the pitch we are increasingly likely to lose four or five of our best players, circa £20m of talent at least, for either very little next month or bugger all next summer.

Without even trying to pin blame or make escuses thats a fucking worrying position to be in.

If you, or anyone else, can tell us what AN was promised by Hemmings, then your question would be a lot easier to answer.
I never said that I knew what TH promised AN, I and I guess I never will. Just like no one knows what AN days to lads prior to kick-off and at half time or what tactics he tells them to play for each game or when a player is dropped whether it is due to injury, personal matter, etc. We just guess or surmise what is being said or what is going on.

This line gets trotted our time and again by Peter, it’s easy to say but what does it mean?

1. Our key assets have no value left.
2. Our wages are around 150% of turnover
3. There is no ambition by the club to improve the marketing side of things (happy to accept a bog standard guaranteed income from franchised products - kit, match day experience etc)
4. The club sold fans down the river RE Ingol
5. The club tried taking the piss out of fans and didn’t want to offer refunds if contracts were not fulfilled (gave in to pressure)
6. There is absolutely no positive, progressive interaction between club and fans.
7. The club has signed 2 players in 18 months.
8. The club hasn’t broken its transfer record in 20 years.
9. The club has never given fans Premier League football.

I could go on. But at least our billionaire paid the players throughout lockdown.

Not the fans fault?

That's your usual comment.

This line gets trotted our time and again by Peter, it’s easy to say but what does it mean?

3. There is no ambition by the club to improve the marketing side of things (happy to accept a bog standard guaranteed income from franchised products - kit, match day experience etc)
5. The club tried taking the piss out of fans and didn’t want to offer refunds if contracts were not fulfilled (gave in to pressure)
6. There is absolutely no positive, progressive interaction between club and fans.

I could go on. But at least our billionaire paid the players throughout lockdown.
Which part of my post was incorrect? Yes we could be Liverpool but we're not. When you've followed this club for as long as I have you sort of accept that. Personally I think the manager should have the players performing better and the clubs PR is pretty awful but overall its not all terrible as some on here would have you believe. Look at a club like Plymouth Argyle who are a far bigger club than ourselves, they would love to be in our position. Hardly a smaller club than us doing better but a hell of a lot of bigger clubs doing worse.

Oh it does rain in Preston then.

Which part of my post was incorrect? Yes we could be Liverpool but we're not. When you've followed this club for as long as I have you sort of accept that. Personally I think the manager should have the players performing better and the clubs PR is pretty awful but overall its not all terrible as some on here would have you believe. Look at a club like Plymouth Argyle who are a far bigger club than ourselves, they would love to be in our position. Hardly a smaller club than us doing better but a hell of a lot of bigger clubs doing worse.

You said we are a well run club.

How are we well run?

Brentford are a well run club they buy good players have a good scouting system , they spend quite a lot of money on re investment into the squad they play good football and are good to watch. Before anyone says anything yes we beat them . As for as I know they haven’t shafted their fans or given them false promises . They sell there players and almost immediately replace them with good players . We are almost the exact opposite. Honestly who would a neutral prefere to to watch week in week out and which club do you think are most likely to reach the Premiership anytime soon . A well run club doesn’t loose their best players for nothing, doesn’t let them all out of contract at the same time and doesn’t loose 10 million a year .

Look at a club like Plymouth Argyle who are a far bigger club than ourselves, they would love to be in our position. Hardly a smaller club than us doing better but a hell of a lot of bigger clubs doing worse.
The same Plymouth who have spent the grand total of ZERO seasons in the top division in their history. But far bigger.

So the owner doesn't want the £70+ million in "soft" loans back were the club to be sold?

"There has already been a lot of interest shown in the job since Savage’s departure was announced."

I would want to know the quality of the people applying and also their sanity knowing our transfer policy

He also based the scene in Oliver Twist when Oliver takes his bowl up to the Master and asks for more food, on North End.

Alex Neil takes his transfer kitty bowl up to Hemmings with the request “Please sir I want some Moore (from Barnsley) ”. Hemmings, incredulous.......”MORE?!, MORE?!”........
Fixed it for you......

Status
Not open for further replies.