PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Christmas is cancelled but for the PNE players, "Lets Party!"

Think this is where the difference in opinion comes. I'm not following the rules for the sake of following the rules I'm following the rules to make sure the Covid rates stay down. If breaking the rules doesn't impact upon the Covid rate directly or indirectly, and there's no risk that it could've done, I really don't care at all.
So we should all decide, individually, if the rules/risk to Covid rate apply to our own actions? Are you Dominic Cummings?

So we should all decide, individually, if the rules/risk to Covid rate apply to our own actions? Are you Dominic Cummings?
Na, I think you can only be sure that there isn't a risk if you have regular tests or are in a bubble anyway, it just so happens that that's the exact situation the PNE players are in. The fact that it's the players who are the ones getting regular tests rather than key workers is obviously bullshit but I really can't muster the energy to be annoyed at a group of people who know they've not got the virus for meeting up to not give each other the virus (especially given that if they had it they'd pass it on to each other in training anyway)

There are exemptions for "business meetings" held at Tier 1 and 2 venues.

So without more information about the basis for this event and the venue, we can't assume they were breaking any rules.
Then the question would be asked why are they having a 'business meeting' in a tier 2 area when they all work in a tier 3 area.

Think this is where the difference in opinion comes. I'm not following the rules for the sake of following the rules I'm following the rules to make sure the Covid rates stay down. If breaking the rules doesn't impact upon the Covid rate directly or indirectly, and there's no risk that it could've done, I really don't care at all.

I get that mate & that’s fair enough, I just think it sends out completely the wrong message whether there is any risk or not.

There are exemptions for "business meetings" held at Tier 1 and 2 venues.

So without more information about the basis for this event and the venue, we can't assume they were breaking any rules.

I get what you’re saying but you know as well as I do there is not a chance this was a “business meeting”.

It was a Xmas piss up & Ledson is an absolute plank for posting it on social media.

Na, I think you can only be sure that there isn't a risk if you have regular tests or are in a bubble anyway, it just so happens that that's the exact situation the PNE players are in. The fact that it's the players who are the ones getting regular tests rather than key workers is obviously bullshit but I really can't muster the energy to be annoyed at a group of people who know they've not got the virus for meeting up to not give each other the virus (especially given that if they had it they'd pass it on to each other in training anyway)
The flaw in this thinking is that, it appears that there were not just PNE players there. And I say appears, because I don't know that it has been confirmed, that the girl in the picture, was not one of the staff working there, that night.

Then the question would be asked why are they having a 'business meeting' in a tier 2 area when they all work in a tier 3 area.
There's no question to ask - "work" is an exemption that allows elite sportsmen to travel between tiers.

That's how they get to games, or (in this case) a work-related event.

I get what you’re saying but you know as well as I do there is not a chance this was a “business meeting”.

It was a Xmas piss up & Ledson is an absolute plank for listing it on social media.
The definition of "business meeting" is very flexible, very vague - and a lot of business meetings take the form of boozy dinners and other piss-up-type events outside office hours.

Agree completely about Ledson.

It was a Xmas piss up & Ledson is an absolute plank for posting it on social media.
You would have thought it would have been emphasised 'whatever you do don't put it on social media'.
Personally think it would have been better if it hadn't happened at all.

There's no question to ask - "work" is an exemption that allows elite sportsmen to travel between tiers.

The definition of "business meeting" is very flexible, very vague - and a lot of business meetings take the form of boozy dinners and other piss-up-type events outside office hours.

TBH I doubt very much AN or the Club will see it as a business meeting & I doubt any of the players would even know about that “loophole” as they’ve clearly not got a brain between them.

You would have thought it would have been emphasised 'whatever you do don't put it on social media'.
Personally think it would have been better if it hadn't happened at all.

Deffo shouldn’t have happened but what we don’t know doesn’t hurt us.

As I’ve said before Ledson obviously doesn’t have much between the ears.

I really hope you are just being a bit pedantic Thracia. :D

Not a soul on earth could try and define that as a business meeting!

If me and my mates all go and get tested and we are all negative, can we have a massive piss up? - No.

Do all the squad live in 1 house? Because you cant have multiple bubbles with lots of houses. - No.

Are bars open for the public? - No.

Is it somehow allowed with all the loopholes? - Yes, probably.

If I could do it would I? - Yes, however i wouldnt plaster it all over social media!

Ultimately its not fair and doesnt set a good example especially with our performances this season.

I have no sympathy for the amount of games they play in quick succession, try doing a normal 5 day week with no breaks (not even saying this is hard but its more time than what the players do and football is more enjoyable) and only earn a tenth of what they earn now. Give me half of what they earn and I’ll play 4 times a week and you can throw in some abuse for good measure.

I really hope you are just being a bit pedantic Thracia. :D

Not a soul on earth could try and define that as a business meeting!
That's why I said earlier "without more information about the basis for this event and the venue, we can't assume they were breaking any rules."

I'm sure all sorts of work-related team-building activities could plausibly be offered as Covid exemptions, particularly when you're dealing with "elite sportspeople", who have more latitude than the average Joe when it comes to Covid exemptions anyway.

All I will say is that the prize plum who posted Gallys number should be Banned from Deepdale for life.

One of life's rules is that you do not post peoples private sensitive information online.

If it turns out said prize plum posts on here, I hope that the Senior Mods ban them for life from here, too.

Do they have regular tests though? I'm sure someone on here said a couple of months ago that EFL clubs were no longer doing that due to the cost. Maybe it's changed. Also, I don't get the 'bubble' thing (especially if they aren't being regularly tested). Unlike the cricketers during the test series, they go home to family every night. Children will have been at school, an elderly relative may be in a bubble with them, they're going into shops etc - it doesn't strike me as that safe.

It’s great, players in their bubble and having all these tests, I guess that’s why we haven’t had any games cancelled in the EFL, Oh! Or maybe we have.

They're allowed to travel between tiers to play football games, not to get pissed. If the Police had attended 'the business meeting,' the question would be asked why is it being held in Liverpool and not Preston. Why are you in Liverpool when you have no games in the area?

But let's be honest, it wasn't a business meeting at all. It was a Christmas party.