PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ched Evans

Would you welcome the signing of Ched Evans at PNE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know this for a fact how. SO you think the criminal system in this country does not compensate people who by the letter of the law have been wrongfully imprisoned, whether you or I think he was or wasn't. Ched Evan lost several million pound in wages during his imprisonment, do you not think someone has to pay that. My source is a very significant one.
Because it is public record unlike the shite you came out with

A p
I said majority, from several large samples taken.

I am fully aware that a very minority would welcome him.

a poll on here with a few hundred people. Without knowing the facts and against someone who was acquitted.

I voted no for footballing reasons on the poll. I'd be interested to see if refined into no for footballing reason and no for off-field reasons.

I suspect a lot of people voted no for footballing reasons. In which case I don't think the club is showing contempt to the fans as we have to always trust their judgement on signings and don't poll every player that comes through the door.

Should most fans opt for no for off-field reasons, then the club has a case to answer to.

He said the majority of fans which is correct.
If you polled all the fans I’d agree. A few hundred on this forum is hardly the majority. As I said previously we had norbury who was convicted of man slaughter playing for us. Yet an innocent msn gets a poll against him if he’s fit to play for the club. All a bit distasteful.

I voted no for footballing reasons on the poll. I'd be interested to see if refined into no for footballing reason and no for off-field reasons.

I suspect a lot of people voted no for footballing reasons. In which case I don't think the club is showing contempt to the fans as we have to always trust their judgement on signings and don't poll every player that comes through the door.

Should most fans opt for no for off-field reasons, then the club has a case to answer to.
I said this yesterday,the poll is flawed,yes 90% are against signing Evans but amongst that 90% how many are for footballing reasons?

Someone who can hold it up and make it stick in the last 15 minutes of games would be useful to be fair, Nugent showed glimpses of being able to do it last season but he's just not got the legs any more. 7 goals this season so far, I don't buy into the 'he's finished' argument. Six month deal makes sense to me.

A p

a poll on here with a few hundred people. Without knowing the facts and against someone who was acquitted.

The poll on here only represents its members which voted strongly against (for what footballing or non footballing reasons).

A poll i conducted on twitter of 600 people 90% voted against.

A poll carried out by @FTF had simular results.

I have spoken to friends and family who are North End fans of which I've not found one in favour, again not just based on off field issues.

I would never state the forum speaks for all supporters, it doesn't or that social media speaks for all our fans, it doesn't.

However, in this instance you need to get your head out of the sand. I will confidently say that if these polls where taken across the wider fan base we would get simular results.

Someone who can hold it up and make it stick in the last 15 minutes of games would be useful to be fair, Nugent showed glimpses of being able to do it last season but he's just not got the legs any more. 7 goals this season so far, I don't buy into the 'he's finished' argument. Six month deal makes sense to me.

I think you may be correct, like others have said I'd like to see what AN has to say.

If this goes ahead, North End won't be seeing a penny of my money until he fucks off.
Several others have already said this, me included. I’m at that stage in life where it is a real effort for me to attend games, and I’m certainly not prepared to put myself out to go and watch him and contribute to his wages.

I can however understand that a 6 month loan, when fans more than likely won’t be allowed into the ground, is the only reason the club are considering this.

I've got to the point with Evans now that it's going to happen and we have to accept it and get on with it. Thing is all fans to a degree are fickle. If Evans cones in and bags a few , people then forget about the tike " they didn't want him" me included

When MORI conduct a poll of the people on the street, how many do you think they ask?
I think what people like us who post on forums and go on social media think though is not always representative of what everyone else ‘on the street’ may think, although I don’t doubt the majority aren’t in favour of this signing.

Personally I voted no on the poll on purely on a footballing basis, because in my opinion a 32 year old League One striker simply does not improve us. I doubt another club at our level would touch him with a barge pole.

On the other stuff, it’s hard to know what to think to be honest. Did he behave like an utter prick that night when he was 22 (almost 10 years ago now), absolutely yes. But with a quashed conviction and his name cleared, where do we draw the line in terms of re-integrating these type of people into their jobs and into society.

We do need another striker though and it’s an extremely cheap option. I don’t agree with the signing but ignoring any other aspects, I can see the footballing logic behind it. Don’t think it’s worth the bad press though.

TBH ignoring all his baggage I don’t see the footballing sense in it either.

Yes we might need another body in but a 32YO who hasn’t played at this level for 10 years & according to some at Fleetwood could possibly be a bad apple in the dressing room & cos of his payout lost his desire a wee bit?

That’s ignoring the fact that do we want someone who conducts himself like he does representing the Club?

Not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.