PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of it may well be the coach, but the players who are too regularly going backwards and sideways also need to take some responsibility.

At one point Potts went round a midfielder into space, then turned round and passed backwards.

It was sobering I agree but even when Fisher came on he fell over and tried to cheat at least twice when he came on which added to my embarrassment.
Fair point. No doubt he’s our best RB. That in itself concerns me as he’s inconsistent & never plays more than 2/3 games. Raff is nowhere near good enough. Also Stockley was awful today, again Lg1 at best. Riis much more mobile & quick for a big guy.

It was sobering I agree but even when Fisher came on he fell over and tried to cheat at least twice when he came on which added to my embarrassment.
Neil threw Fisher under the bus last week with his comments about Jim crying wolf.

Going to struggle to get decisions from refs now if his own manager calls him a cheat

Got to sell Fisher. Whilst I recognise he has got the ability to succeed in this division, those two dives today were an embarrassment to the club. The first one was about 90 seconds after coming on. Why does he do it?

Wait, wasn't today a 'too direct' day?
These two things are not mutually exclusive.
Player 1 has or creates a little bit of time/space, can go forward but doesn't because it is "risky" and passes it "safely" sideways / backwards to Player 2.
Player 2 is now under greater pressure than P
layer 1 was, because he doesn't have the same time/space and goes either sideways or backwards to Player 3.
Player 3, under the most time/space pressure of all, chips/drives the ball hopefully forward rather than get caught in possession.
This scenario is played out regularly in all areas of the pitch.

That sounds a bit drastic.

Must admit, I didn’t experience that when I’d tested positive. Although in fairness I’m not a professional athlete!

Probably a better move for him with their current manager and also location. Won't be as much upheaval for him and his family

Hope we go in for Mowatt
Whiteman lives in the Greater Manchester area.

Probably a better move for him with their current manager and also location. Won't be as much upheaval for him and his family

Hope we go in for Mowatt
He lives Manchester way and is a Heywood lad so think location would favour us slightly.

Ultimately comes down to money I guess. If we’re messing around on the fee and Barnsley nip in with the valuation then that’s all there is to it.

Hope we go in for Mowatt

He lives in greater Manchester so we/Euxton are closer to him

Status
Not open for further replies.