PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Elite Sport

Lower leagues in Scotland just scrapped.

Given Boris' proclivity to copy Sturgeon I can see everything below the Championship going the same way

The logistics of actually staging a footy match are enormous. Its not just the footballers.

Hotels have to open with all the associated staff
Stewards have to work
TV crews
Ground staff
Transport and travel
emergency service cover, ambulance and doctor

Be gutting if we lose it though.

It's things like this that makes me wonder if going ahead with the Euro's is a good idea. Will enough people across Europe be vaccinated by June? Is all the travelling going to be a risk? Crowds gathering outside the stadiums if we still have to social distance? I'd be gutted if it gets cancelled though!

It's things like this that makes me wonder if going ahead with the Euro's is a good idea. Will enough people across Europe be vaccinated by June? Is all the travelling going to be a risk? Crowds gathering outside the stadiums if we still have to social distance? I'd be gutted if it gets cancelled though!
It’ll be in England and we won’t get out of the groups anyway

Lower leagues in Scotland just scrapped.

Given Boris' proclivity to copy Sturgeon I can see everything below the Championship going the same way

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/january/Celtic-Football-Club-Statement/

Not much of a "performance" training camp by the looks of it..............:ROFLMAO:

The guy who has tested positive is out for the season anyway so why was he even on the trip?!?! All of this after the game was moved by a day (without Hibs say so allegedly) to accommodate the trip.

They deserve everything that should come their way.

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/january/Celtic-Football-Club-Statement/

Not much of a "performance" training camp by the looks of it..............:ROFLMAO:

The guy who has tested positive is out for the season anyway so why was he even on the trip?!?! All of this after the game was moved by a day (without Hibs say so allegedly) to accommodate the trip.

They deserve everything that should come their way.
I dont think Julien went out there did he?

It's a ridiculous idea to take the trip in the first place whether it was allowed or not. Just shows how out of touch with reality football is

No smoke without fire feels a relevant phrase when it comes to the government’s approach to COVID. They do often leak first.

Frankly, I wouldn’t miss it too much right now. A 3 week break likely to do more good than harm to pne imo

The last thing I am feeling at the moment is any association with anything that could be called 'elite' sport.

Here's a thought, why not shut down B & Q, The Range, Timpson's, Gee Tees, Home Bargains etc etc, where big queues form.

Football to my mind is currently serving no threat to the NHS, it's the above non essential businesses that is. It's one of the few things giving people some pleasure during these dreadful times.

Laughable that this morning they are talking of scrapping exercising with one other person outdoors when there are queues 40 strong at places like the Green Frog on the docks.

In defence of the public Covid is not the Spanish Flu, in fact if it wasn't all over the telly and the radio nearly all wouldn't even know it existed. I've not spoken to a punter yet that knows anybody who's been ill, much different than a cold, let alone died so I can completely understand their scepticism.
Mods, these sort statements are NOT acceptable.

In defence of the public Covid is not the Spanish Flu, in fact if it wasn't all over the telly and the radio nearly all wouldn't even know it existed. I've not spoken to a punter yet that knows anybody who's been ill, much different than a cold, let alone died so I can completely understand their scepticism.

What taxi firm do you work for so none of us use it again?

I guess most people believed you were short of brain cells, now you have just proved it beyond doubt.

I have deleted the post but I have decided to leave up the replies (and the quote) so that certain people might just begin to understand.