PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Love the podcast lads.

I'd recommend getting fans on as guests for some podcasts to freshen up the perspectives.

Just in danger of it becoming "Preston Fan TV" then.

I very much enjoyed the transfer special. With no fans in the stadiums I've really not watched much non-PNE football at all this year, just find it a bit lifeless. So the pod definitely put a few names on my radar

Love the podcast lads.

I'd recommend getting fans on as guests for some podcasts to freshen up the perspectives.
Not against the idea but as @Lee Trundle points out, it would take away from what it is. Also, I think it would set an expectation that we'd regularly have fans on. It's not something I'm against per se but I don't want people on who would just rant and rave or perhaps disagree with everything we say just to try and be different if that makes sense?

We have explored the idea in the past and despite people showing interest publicly, it turns out to be a lot more difficult to actually agree a day and time etc with them.

Hope that gives a bit of insight for you, Ron.

Not against the idea but as @Lee Trundle points out, it would take away from what it is. Also, I think it would set an expectation that we'd regularly have fans on. It's not something I'm against per se but I don't want people on who would just rant and rave or perhaps disagree with everything we say just to try and be different if that makes sense?

We have explored the idea in the past and despite people showing interest publicly, it turns out to be a lot more difficult to actually agree a day and time etc with them.

Hope that gives a bit of insight for you, Ron.

Yes 100%, like you say you can’t really vet the people that come on and it could turn into a big arguing match.

Always happy to volunteer to make an appearance if you do decide in the future. Obviously not giving away my PNE Online identity.

Could do a fan special every now and then as to not dilute the original podcasts.

Not shared one of these in here for a while. Let us know if you have any questions.

Not having a Twitter account, so is it possible to ask you 1, do you think that AN has passed his sell by date. And 2, why don’t the interviewers ask him to explain the turgid football that we have endured, particularly the past 12 months. John

Not having a Twitter account, so is it possible to ask you 1, do you think that AN has passed his sell by date. And 2, why don’t the interviewers ask him to explain the turgid football that we have endured, particularly the past 12 months. John
I can answer question 2, we (as in the podcast) are not club accredited media so have no access to the manager or any of the players.

My question would be :

It's surely not a coincidence that AN admits Pearson is on his way immediately after a solid debut by Whiteman. Do you think the Whiteman signing is therefore a direct replacement of Pearson? Does it weaken us, or does Whiteman offer a bit more going forward, and a bit less breaking up play?

How does Maloumby fit in - is he the temporary replacement for DJ?

Cheers
Chris

Listening to it now. Very good as usual. Just one observation, not a criticism, one of you seems to have a microphone that fades in an out a bit. I’ve noticed it before. Unless it’s my iPhone, and I’m listening on Spotify. It doesn’t distract from the content but I find it quite noticeable. Anyway, I’ll craic on. Enjoying it.

Listening to it now. Very good as usual. Just one observation, not a criticism, one of you seems to have a microphone that fades in an out a bit. I’ve noticed it before. Unless it’s my iPhone, and I’m listening on Spotify. It doesn’t distract from the content but I find it quite noticeable. Anyway, I’ll craic on. Enjoying it.
That might be me, noticed myself being particularly loud this morning listening back.... glad you're enjoying it 👍

Good listen again lads.

The abuse Oli has been getting/receiving is disgusting, hopefully he ignores it.
Analytics are shit.

Is that abuse or is it just my opinion? I am talking about the genre, not the person as I find this stuff both boring and tedious. Each to their own. All of this "XGx2" rubbish when the only real stat of concern is the ball being put into the bloody net!

People give out far far more abuse to players up and down the country, even you yourself do this Ron.

Now behave.