PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson used to get it every single week. Putting in better performances than those around him yet there wasnā€™t a bad word said about them
Fair enough, I canā€™t say I heard it but thatā€™s not to say it didnā€™t happen. Absolutely loved Robinson, I have the shirt with him on the front after scoring against the Rovers, so I certainly would have defended him.

Fair enough, I canā€™t say I heard it but thatā€™s not to say it didnā€™t happen. Absolutely loved Robinson, I have the shirt with him on the front after scoring against the Rovers, so I certainly would have defended him.
Yep. Same. Up there as one of my favourites in recent years because of his rapid improvements and his infectious energy

If DJ leaves then the team needs to adapt, Browne can be excellent in that role but he needs the guys behind him to do the creative stuff, possibly why we were so keen on Whiteman.

I think there's no doubt DJ is a more creative player than Browne, he has better vision and passing. But that's not the only way to be effective, hence Browne's goal return and pressing were both important aspects of our 18/19 season.

Gally played deep a lot in that situation, and one would assume Whiteman will be hoping to replicate that to a degree.

Yeah I have a lot of hopes for Whiteman. Potentially the very reason we needed DJ to come into the 10 at the start of last year was not because a drop off in Browne but instead a drop off from Gally. Wouldnt surprise me if we saw a big bounceback from Browne in the next few months.

Christ, after I said "DJ has shown no evidence that he would be better in the 10 than in the middle" I'm not making any more sweeping predictions about how our players will perform after a return to their favoured position.

But back on the original point, I just dont think DJ's low assist numbers count for that much, as a 'creative 10' he will offer his next team a significant amount.

Yep. Same. Up there as one of my favourites in recent years because of his rapid improvements and his infectious energy
Saw him score at Bristol City too. The lady I was with knows his dad so she rang to tell him that Callum had scored she was more excited than Callum was:ROFLMAO:

Saw him score at Bristol City too. The lady I was with knows his dad so she rang to tell him that Callum had scored she was more excited than Callum was:ROFLMAO:
I sat behind his Brother and his Dad at a night game at Derby.

Proper nice blokes, chatting to us for most of the game.

His dads a really nice bloke too. Used to call out people abusing robbo on Twitter too, usually shutting those people up pretty quickly

Because football isn't a game of opinions when it comes to BAME players, in their view.
Unfortunately in some cases it isn't. I don't think anyone is suggesting that everyone that doesn't rate DJ is racist but there are posters that have been heavily critical of DJ, Robinson, Fisher and even Sinclair. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Unfortunately in some cases it isn't. I don't think anyone is suggesting that everyone that doesn't rate DJ is racist but there are posters that have been heavily critical of DJ, Robinson, Fisher and even Sinclair. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
Hero worshiped are/were Ricardo Fuller, Youl Mawene, Claude Davis, Jermaine Beckford and I have read equally good stuff about Sinclair, Fisher, in fact all of those you name. Perhaps you enjoy duck shooting too much.

Hero worshiped are/were Ricardo Fuller, Youl Mawene, Claude Davis, Jermaine Beckford and I have read equally good stuff about Sinclair, Fisher, in fact all of those you name. Perhaps you enjoy duck shooting too much.
Joan, whether you like to admit it or not some people are racist.

Most aren't thankfully.

Joan, whether you like to admit it or not some people are racist.

Most aren't thankfully.
I donā€™t dispute that, I dispute that every word or action is. Pretty soon we wonā€™t be able to say anything at all then we will be racists for being ignorant. I prefer to look for the best in people is all, I donā€™t care where they come from.

A few saying he looks like he has a bit of pace and looks mobile which is what they are crying out for šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I
I understand the logic but why canā€™t we use them for 6 months? Theyā€™d still be our contracted player. May be doubts as to their commitment but there wouldnā€™t be anything stopping us playing them unless we didnā€™t register them in our 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.