PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

NOT at the moment

To many curtain twichers like YOU around at the moment
LoL
Not at the moment?

Yet you self confessed to spreading this around early in the pandemic, dont you even dare stand on your pulpit and point fingers of bigotry at younger people.

Spot the difference.

Er114piXAAEQ_h2

Spot the difference.

Er114piXAAEQ_h2
Mate of mine lives in Dubai and they tag anyone who returns a positive test to ensure they isolate.

Not that I would advocate such behaviour here as I don't believe we should be criminalising the infected but we could have certainly done more.

Mate of mine lives in Dubai and they tag anyone who returns a positive test to ensure they isolate.

Not that I would advocate such behaviour here as I don't believe we should be criminalising the infected but we could have certainly done more.
I'd be ok with the infected have a big white X painted on their backs.

Not at the moment?

Yet you self confessed to spreading this around early in the pandemic, dont you even dare stand on your pulpit and point fingers of bigotry at younger people.
Facts are facts even if you don't want to believe them

80% of fines handed out were from the age group of 18 to 39
Might be uncomfortable news for you but there it is
By the way

Haven’t had one YET

THREAD: on the connection between age, infection, hospitalisation, death and vaccination...

TLDR: it matters! so read 7 tweets :)

Each bar in the charts shows the proportion of people in each of the coloured age categories. 1/7
Confirmed cases are more likely to be working age adults & older teenagers. Young kids (esp pre-school) less likely to show symptoms (& get tested) & poss less likely to get infected. Over 65s less likely to be exposed.

Vaccinating >70s is *not* going to stop Covid cases. 2/7Image
But although relatively few people over 65 get infected, they are the majority of people in *hospital* with Covid - they're much more likely to get really sick.

Vaccinating >70s WILL relieve a lot of pressure on hospitals (by March).

We still need to drive cases down NOW. 3/7Image
But there's more to it. V few people 85+ are in ICU & only 25% of people in ICU are >70. This isn't rationing (true for non crowded times too) - it's cos v frail people v unlikely to get better after ICU.

So vaccinating >70s WON'T help ICUs much. Need to vax middle aged! 4/7Image
Finally, deaths are a different story again. This time the large majority of people dying from covid are over 70.

Vaccinating the over 70s will make a *huge* difference to covid deaths. This is what is driving the vax strategy.

BUT.... 5/7Image
Ever since Xmas case numbers are accelarating in over 80s (only age group to increase!) as are outbreaks in care homes.

Might be from seeing elderly loved ones over Xmas?

Really is race against time to protect >80s 6/7ImageImage
Finally - just cos vaccinating >70s prevents most deaths it does NOT mean it's fine for everyone else to get Covid.

A) 5-10% people get long Covid which is grim
B) every person who gets it is an extra chance for covid to mutate into a worse strain. 7/7
DATA: I've used population age data from ONS, ages of people who test positive, are admitted to hospital & ICU (PHE), ages for covid deaths (ONS)

PS shielding people being vaccinated along with 70+ by mid Feb
PPS used data since start October 2020

My word raefil has been busy AGAIN

But isn't this just what we have known all along
Anybody can get infected by close proximity

But the ones seriously in Hospital and likely to die are in the main the over 70s and particularly even older still

We don’t need any of your fancy charts to know that now

Unless you fancy a job with Boris and his partners Gloom and Doom

My word raefil has been busy AGAIN

But isn't this just what we have known all along
Anybody can get infected by close proximity

But the ones seriously in Hospital and likely to die are in the main the over 70s and particularly even older still

We don’t need any of your fancy charts to know that now

Unless you fancy a job with Boris and his partners Gloom and Doom

Went to the Chippy yesterday sign on the door said no more than six in the shop, there were 7. Asian guy came out and said he’d wait outside while I ordered. Went in. There was a group of 3 lads two with no masks, after it says on the door to wear one. Woman behind the counter wearing one, till she had to speak, down came the mask. In the meantime another four people entered. They weren’t asked to wait outside, (but to be fair anyone of us could have gone outside to make room) one guy goes to the counter to collect his order and pointed out that of the 3 lads who had left, two weren’t wearing masks one was snuffling, had his hand over his mouth, then handled the door handle. Shows how easy it could be to spread it. I squirted some hand gel onto a napkin and wiped the door handle down both sides At that point.