PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever we bring in, if from lower leagues we need to be damn sure they are the right fit. We have signed too many players not up to championship standard that we are now stuck with and we can no longer afford to do this with the squad limit we now have.

Sonny Bradley and a ball playing centre half I’d be happy with. If Davies goes that leaves us with both of them as starters until the end of the season. Then we have that ball playing centre half and Bauer with Bradley (or Bauer) as back up. Hunts fourth choice with Storey out on loan. Makes complete sense. Would be happy with this.

Sonny Bradley and a ball playing centre half I’d be happy with. If Davies goes that leaves us with both of them as starters until the end of the season. Then we have that ball playing centre half and Bauer with Bradley (or Bauer) as back up. Hunts fourth choice with Storey out on loan. Makes complete sense. Would be happy with this.
I'd be much happier if we signed the ball-playing centre half first.

Just to make sure we get one.

There was uproar after that sacking. No basis behind it especially after Tom Lawrence got let off. Looks like Keogh was sacked as he needed serious surgery and was already at an age where the club would be looking to move him on
There’s more to this story than meets the eye. My mates a detective in Derby, told me the full story, tho I can’t say anything as it would breach his trust. Mates a mad Derby fan and he says a lot of things where hushed up.

Part of me doesn’t believe these rumours tbh. The72 are hardly a reputable source.

The72 have taken the story from a national paper.

Burton where in for Nugent on the last window but for personal reasons I don't believe it was the right time for Nuge.

AN: "I think the biggest difficulty we've got with the wide players is the fact that they're always at their best when the game's either level and there's space in behind, or we're leading and teams need to come out so they leave space to hurt them. As soon as it went one-nil to them, at that point they sank behind the ball and it became difficult to break them down."

It's the biggest difficulty we've got as an attacking force, period - how to recover after we concede, and how to attack when our primary focus is on not conceding.

Not sure a different wide option will make a lot of difference, though having someone who can cross a ball would be nice.

AN: "I think the biggest difficulty we've got with the wide players is the fact that they're always at their best when the game's either level and there's space in behind, or we're leading and teams need to come out so they leave space to hurt them. As soon as it went one-nil to them, at that point they sank behind the ball and it became difficult to break them down."

It's the biggest difficulty we've got as an attacking force, period - how to recover after we concede, and how to attack when our primary focus is on not conceding.

Not sure a different wide option will make a lot of difference, though having someone who can cross a ball would be nice.
You’d think AN would have a plan b.

Status
Not open for further replies.