PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hearts open talks with Ginnelly over permanent move

Suppose we will never really know. How you can be judged on one start and a few sub appearances is beyond me especially when you have to play the way AN tells you. Another player not given a chance to express himself.

I don't understand this 'play the AN way' mantra...of course a player should play the 'AN way' - he is the manager!!
Ginnelly was given every opportunity in training and he obviously wasn't good enough - he was a cheap punt from the lower leagues that hasn't worked - it is as simple as that. Good luck to the lad and we move on.

Was always a low risk, low cost, speculative punt on a young player. Clearly not shown enough in his time here so best for all parties that he moves on.

You must have seen a lot him at Walsall to make that judgement because hes only ever made 6 sub appearances here.
They do train you know that’s why there is a manager and coaching staff.He is at present playing in the equivalent of the conference.

League One player, currently doing well in a league below that level.

Cheap gamble but clearly never did enough to even warrant getting on our bench.

They do train you know that’s why there is a manager and coaching staff.He is at present playing in the equivalent of the conference.
Ah right, just when you said he was shit I obviously, mistakenly, assumed youd seen him play often enough to make that judgement.

The way we play I am not convinced they do, they Exercise but no real training, like crossing and passing.

I don’t think people who wanted him to have more chances for us would’ve been too happy to see him on the team sheet instead of Scott Sinclair.

Similar to Harrop really. We hear he needs a run of games but who are you dropping for him. Browne and DJ ?

Ginnelly just looks like a case of a punt who wasn’t at the level we expected. Now doing well at League Two standard and good luck to him.

I don’t think people who wanted him to have more chances for us would’ve been too happy to see him on the team sheet instead of Scott Sinclair.

Similar to Harrop really. We hear he needs a run of games but who are you dropping for him. Browne and DJ ?

Ginnelly just looks like a case of a punt who wasn’t at the level we expected. Now doing well at League Two standard and good luck to him.
He was at the club four months before Sinclair arrived. I just think, no matter how badly you are playing, AN will stick with the players he
likes. Browne and DJ have hardly pulled up any trees in the last few months yet Harrop and Bayliss have hardly been given a chance, other than the odd start or sub appeance.

He was at the club four months before Sinclair arrived. I just think, no matter how badly you are playing, AN will stick with the players he
likes. Browne and DJ have hardly pulled up any trees in the last few months yet Harrop and Bayliss have hardly been given a chance, other than the odd start or sub appeance.
Steve Claridge was known to be terrible in training but was very good on a Saturday afternoon! Alternatively at a lot higher level Platini said Michael Laudrup was the best player in the world but only in training! You have to be given a chance

So do we just get relegated, giving all these players a 'chance'? even though professional coaches don't think they can cut it?

I'm sure Neil, Thompson and McAvoy are better placed to say who is ready and who isn't.

He didn't impress for Bristol Rovers and is now playing in the second tier of Scotland.

Steve Claridge was known to be terrible in training but was very good on a Saturday afternoon! Alternatively at a lot higher level Platini said Michael Laudrup was the best player in the world but only in training! You have to be given a chance
Michael Laudrup is an exceptionally weird example to use. He actually was one of the best players in the world at one time. Sure you’re not confusing him with someone else?