PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postscript: the Stockley wages apparently quoted by Nixon in the Sun were £7,000 a week - which we supposedly want to have paid in full by any loaning club:

Ridiculous if true, with the salary caps in Lg1&2 who is going to pay that? and I don’t see another Championship side coming in for him. If we want him out on loan need to be realistic.

Reactions: rem
Id be surprised if someone takes a risk on Moult.
Lower league teams have only 21 or 22 man squad allowances so it's a big risk to take Moult and hope that he can get/stay fit. Not sure about Scottish teams squad limits.

Reactions: rem
Ridiculous if true, with the salary caps in Lg1&2 who is going to pay that? and I don’t see another Championship side coming in for him. If we want him out on loan need to be realistic.
On or around deadline day, somebody will pay it. He is a PROVEN lower league striker available. He will defo go and teams will pay the full wage ... you know what deadline day is like for striker movement and teams hitting the proverbial panic button

On or around deadline day, somebody will pay it. He is a PROVEN lower league striker available. He will defo go and teams will pay the full wage ... you know what deadline day is like for striker movement and teams hitting the proverbial panic button

Or on or around deadline day, PNE will reduce their demand due to no L1 club being willing to pay that level of salary.

Niall Ennis to Plymouth is a great signing, thought he may have ended up in the Championship.

Wonder if that opens up the door for Jephcott to leave? If not that’s some firepower in League 1. Fair play.

Stockley is far from proven in L1.

Id be surprised if someone takes a risk on Moult.

I think the thing with Moult is we will be paying his wages or agreeing a pay off, he won’t be listed on our squad.

If we are going to pay him anyway we may as well loan him for free or near to.

His only chance of playing a bit of football and with a hope of proving his fitness is if maybe a league two team has a spare spot in their squad but maybe no money in their budget, can’t see him playing otherwise.

w

For scoring 0 goals in 9 games for bottom of the league Burton ?
I think Burton being bottom of league tells that story for you.

He was very highly thought of at Wolves and I’m surprised they’ve sold him and not just loaned him.

The lad is 21 years of age, have we not just seen a similar conversation about Nmecha scoring 0 goals at Boro and Wolfsburg?

I honestly think that the likes of Harrop, Stockley and Moult can work wonders for good teams below us, with a good manager firing them up.
Stockley and Moult are solid league one strikers imo. They'll do well on loan. For the record, I still think Louis is good enough to cut it at this level, but I can't see him having the fitness for it.

It's sink or swim Harrop. He'll either do fuck all at Ipswich or he'll tear the league a new arsehole.

Sorry, I was referring to Robinson who I'd certainly want back if the chance arrived.

FWIW I'd have Hugill (as he was anyway) back too with no hesitation and I think Neil would too. Fundamental to the way Neil likes to play and a lot lot better and more skillful that people like to give him credit for (assume they can't get past the fact he was a cheap buy from Port Vale!)
Why would Robinson come back here.He is a championship player who has been found out in the PL.He cant head the ball cant tackle plus he is hardly likely to take an enormous pay cut to play for Pne.
If that is the case we might as well throw the towel in now.

A blind man could see that AB is never a full back in a million month of Sundays.

Would be a colossal mistake to play him there regularly.

Why would Robinson come back here.He is a championship player who has been found out in the PL.He cant head the ball cant tackle plus he is hardly likely to take an enormous pay cut to play for Pne.
He plays for Sheffield United. I assure you the pay cut wouldn't be enormous if the rumours of what Browne is now getting is true.

He still wouldn't come back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.