PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
On loan from United though isn't he? Guarantee he won't be on over 20k.

Actually, they bought him last summer. My mistake. Still don't think he'll be on much more than he was at United.
Robinson signed a 5-year deal with West Brom.

What's the proposed mechanism for us paying a transfer fee and him taking a pay cut so he can return to us?

Before he's 30 I mean.

On loan from United though isn't he? Guarantee he won't be on over 20k.

Actually, they bought him last summer. My mistake. Still don't think he'll be on much more than he was at United.
The guy is playing regular football in the premiership and is no doubt on a pretty decent wage. I cannot understand how anyone would think he may even wish to consider a move back to PNE at the moment so why bring it up as a post? Am I missing something ?

Robinson signed a 5-year deal with West Brom.

What's the proposed mechanism for us paying a transfer fee and him taking a pay cut so he can return to us?

Before he's 30 I mean.

The guy is playing regular football in the premiership and is no doubt on a pretty decent wage. I cannot understand how anyone would think he may even wish to consider a move back to PNE at the moment so why bring it up as a post? Am I missing something ?

Check my original reply and you'll see I said he wouldn't come here, regardless of his wage.

I was only disputing the statement that he's on a massive wedge. I doubt he'd have got much of a pay rise from WBA, especially on a 5 year deal.

Check my original reply and you'll see I said he wouldn't come here, regardless of his wage.

I was only disputing the statement that he's on a massive wedge. I doubt he'd have got much of a pay rise from WBA, especially on a 5 year deal.
He's still on comfortably more than we're paying anyone, I am quite sure.

West Brom have been a Premier League club for 9 out of the last 11 seasons. You can be sure they will pay better than Sheffield United and certainly a lot better than clubs like PNE.

He will be on way over 20k a week.

pne1881 said:
If that is the case we might as well throw the towel in now.

A blind man could see that AB is never a full back in a million month of Sundays.

Would be a colossal mistake to play him there regularly.
Alleluia well said

West Brom have been a Premier League club for 9 out of the last 11 seasons. You can be sure they will pay better than Sheffield United and certainly a lot better than clubs like PNE.

He will be on way over 20k a week.
Will he? It was either stay on his salary at United and probably go out on loan again, or sign for a team he's just had a good year at.

West Brom had no reason to give him a big raise over his United contract. There wasn't really want serious competition for his signature, and he got a 5 year contract. All of that together and I'd put money on him being on only a token raise above his United contract, which by all accounts of their wage structure and budget, won't have been far over 20k.

On or around deadline day, somebody will pay it. He is a PROVEN lower league striker available. He will defo go and teams will pay the full wage ... you know what deadline day is like for striker movement and teams hitting the proverbial panic button
In years gone by maybe, this year with the salary caps many won’t be able to even if they wanted to.

giphy.gif

Will he? It was either stay on his salary at United and probably go out on loan again, or sign for a team he's just had a good year at.

West Brom had no reason to give him a big raise over his United contract. There wasn't really want serious competition for his signature, and he got a 5 year contract. All of that together and I'd put money on him being on only a token raise above his United contract, which by all accounts of their wage structure and budget, won't have been far over 20k.
I think you're underestimating what Premier League clubs pay in wages.

A large number of Championship clubs can pay their attacking players 20k a week. A team like West Brom that have spent most of their recent history in the top flight will be paying out very sizeable salaries.

I think you're underestimating what Premier League clubs pay in wages.

A large number of Championship clubs can pay their attacking players 20k a week. A team like West Brom that have spent most of their recent history in the top flight will be paying out very sizeable salaries.
It's pretty well documented that championship teams were paying higher wages than Sheffield United were in the prem. Wilder's really struggling to bring in any real quality because of it.

Sure West Brom pay big premier wages but only if they have to. They had a good bargaining position on Robbo. United didn't want him and wanted to free up a wage, Robbo wanted to go, and there was no competition to sign him.

WBA wouldn't just hand him a massive wage for the fun of it. He'll have got a token raise over what he was on at United and happily taken it, as he'd get to play in the same league regularly without moving home again Inna side he'd previously done well in. They wouldn't just double his salary because they're a prem team giving prem wages, because honestly, why would they?

Again, it's still far more than we'd ever pay, but there's not a chance in hell that West Brom are paying him north of 30k.

I think Burton being bottom of league tells that story for you.

He was very highly thought of at Wolves and I’m surprised they’ve sold him and not just loaned him.

The lad is 21 years of age, have we not just seen a similar conversation about Nmecha scoring 0 goals at Boro and Wolfsburg?
Injury prone and seriously gone off the boil, Burton terminated his loan. I suspect Jephcott who I've been banging on about for 6 months will be on his way.

Postscript: the Stockley wages apparently quoted by Nixon in the Sun were £7,000 a week - which we supposedly want to have paid in full by any loaning club:

Stockley on 7 grand a week? Yeah right, Nixon is plucking figures out of thin air.

No feasible way that Hemmings is sanctioning that wage.

Stockley on 7 grand a week? Yeah right, Nixon is plucking figures out of thin air.

No feasible way that Hemmings is sanctioning that wage.
Our average wage in 18/19 was a shade over £9k a week according to the accounts so I don't think that's too far away (£9,156)

Bought from Exeter, no way he's on that wedge. Logically you'd think he's under, under and then again under that average.
I'd hope he is but football is an industry like no other as we keep finding out!

Status
Not open for further replies.