PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Cars on PCP

You can’t visit a showroom. But you can view a vehicle on the internet and then talk to the sales guys over the phone and arrange a click and collect appointment, if you so wish. That however, may change in the near future, if we follow Scotland’s lead.
My son and partner went to audi on docks last week, i think they liked a car but couldn't test drive it... Told to drive a friends who has one... Told they can buy it and if they dont like it then they can return it within a month or so for a refund.
Strange times...

I have a lease which ends in June, currently trying to decide whether to lease again, get a car on PCP/HP or just buy a 2nd hand car, all 3 have their advantages and disadvantages

I still don't understand the lure of a PCP, why not pay monthly via finance or personal loan and then when its paid of after 3 or 4 years you at least have an asset to show for it, rather than have to stump up a large final payment or sign up to another PCP, its like renting a house for years, you've nothing to show for it at the end.
The simple answer to that is that most people who want a new car but can't really afford to finance via personal loan over the same term so choose to hand it back or finance the balloon. It wouldn't do for me either so I always save up and buy second hand.

Its a tricky one, there are some good YouTube videos that compare the pcp v hp options and i think if you can afford say £160 every month for ever its not the worst option as you dont get any repair bills etc. But you never own it....
I drive a twenty year old golf, yes I'd like something newer but not getting into 15k debt to sit in traffic jams....

Its a tricky one, there are some good YouTube videos that compare the pcp v hp options and i think if you can afford say £160 every month for ever its not the worst option as you dont get any repair bills etc. But you never own it....
I drive a twenty year old golf, yes I'd like something newer but not getting into 15k debt to sit in traffic jams....
Also, once you've bought a brand spanker, it only feels brand new for a short while, then you are left with another four years or so of paying the hefty monthly payments and large balloon.

I know there's a lot of advantages and disadvantages to every method of getting a new car.

PCP seems to be the best way in my situation - unless I took out a hefty loan and bought a car outright.

I know there's a lot of advantages and disadvantages to every method of getting a new car.

PCP seems to be the best way in my situation - unless I took out a hefty loan and bought a car outright.
Buy a 12/24 month old car, it's already lost a tremendous amount of value and you'll be able to buy a much better spec, it'll be cheaper and you'll be able to afford it, that's what we always do.

Buy a 12/24 month old car, it's already lost a tremendous amount of value and you'll be able to buy a much better spec, it'll be cheaper and you'll be able to afford it, that's what we always do.
Likewise. Also tend to use credit card deals to fund it like a loan over the next 3 years as tended to be cheaper than loans in the past (but only an option if you have spare credit cards and a reasonable history. Don’t go getting into debt people....here ends public service broadcasting

Likewise. Also tend to use credit card deals to fund it like a loan over the next 3 years as tended to be cheaper than loans in the past (but only an option if you have spare credit cards and a reasonable history. Don’t go getting into debt people....here ends public service broadcasting
Savvy man 😉👍

Looking at it further it seems to be my only hope is a lottery win! :ROFLMAO:

Couple I've looked at on Auto Trader look "do-able" but would mean taking out a loan of £7/8k, if I was to buy outright.