PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

I only listened to your cast for about 5 minutes one night and in that spell he came across as very condescending and patronising saying he’s never read as much shit in his life as some of the views on here.

So he can say people’s opinions are shit but not expect some grief back.

Its one thing to disagree with an opinion, that’s fine but if you start mocking other people’s views then don’t be shocked if they retaliate.
Whose specific views were criticised?

People can do all kinds of things in life and "not expect grief back", including being condescending and patronising on a podcast.

I think the problem is, some people think "giving grief" is the whole purpose of social media. I think some people think they're entitled to "retaliate" towards anyone they decide they dislike for some reason.

Whose specific views were criticised?

People can do all kinds of things in life and "not expect grief back", including being condescending and patronising on a podcast.

I think the problem is, some people think "giving grief" is the whole purpose of social media. I think some people think they're entitled to "retaliate" towards anyone they decide they dislike for some reason.
Nobody specifically.

Might be just me but if you’re patronising and condescending then I think you’re leaving yourself open to abuse.

Nobody specifically.
So why should he specifically "expect grief back"?

And who from?

No one has been fucking wronged.

Might be just me but if you’re patronising and condescending then I think you’re leaving yourself open to abuse.
You're literally saying someone you personally might find patronising - no other crime - can legitimately be abused.

In an ideal world, it would just be you.

Unfortunately, Twitter is full of people spouting the same sort of bellendery.

Another great podcast lads. Really great. Don't change anything, don't listen to PNE onliners, don't listen to Twitter trolls. You know what you're doing.

Luke Chadwick used to get a bit of light hearted name calling in his playing days (hey he could take it he was at United and minted). Turns out it’s not always water off a ducks back. One mans light hearted name calling is another mans deep seated feelings of doubt once again rearing their head in the dead of night.

like I say. Just playing Devils advocate.

Theres no question that being told to “get a fucking life” is in any way acceptable by the way. One time is too many. FWIW I see a lot of positivity towards Olly’s output and opinions.
Olly's tactical stuff is fucking ace tbf.

Luke Chadwick used to get a bit of light hearted name calling in his playing days (hey he could take it he was at United and minted). Turns out it’s not always water off a ducks back. One mans light hearted name calling is another mans deep seated feelings of doubt once again rearing their head in the dead of night.

like I say. Just playing Devils advocate.

Theres no question that being told to “get a fucking life” is in any way acceptable by the way. One time is too many. FWIW I see a lot of positivity towards Olly’s output and opinions.

^^^This^^^

Not a regular listener to the podcast but when I have listened it's been pretty enjoyable. Have to say I prefer the interview format with past players, managers etc but that's just me.

However I do think you need to be be slightly careful with calling players names (whilst albeit wishing them well) & then on the other hand quite rightly calling out abuse of your contributors.

I'm not saying they are anywhere near the same level but as Ron says you don't know how the player interprets that. I'm reasonably sure Stockley doesn't listen to your podcast & probably doesn't give a toss what you call him but you never know.

Congrats on the 100k & keep up the good work.

Yeah the name given to Stockley is a little tiresome and somewhat uncalled for when asking people to lay off Oli for being a target.

I'm a regular listener to the pod and do enjoy it overall.

^^^This^^^

However I do think you need to be be slightly careful with calling players names (whilst albeit wishing them well) & then on the other hand quite rightly calling out abuse of your contributors.

I'm not saying they are anywhere near the same level but as Ron says you don't know how the player interprets that. I'm reasonably sure Stockley doesn't listen to your podcast & probably doesn't give a toss what you call him but you never know.
Couldn't disagree more. They should talk as fans talk and they do and that's why it's good. The fact that anyone is offended by JS being referred to as a tree is deeply tragic.

Couldn't disagree more. They should talk as fans talk and they do and that's why it's good. The fact that anyone is offended by JS being referred to as a tree is deeply tragic.
Is anyone offended by that? I think people just find it a bit respectful to refer to a North End player, playing above the level he should be if we're being honest, who gives his best whenever he plays, as a tree.

Have FTF hired you in some role btw? You seem very defensive of what they do.

Is anyone offended by that? I think people just find it a bit respectful to refer to a North End player, playing above the level he should be if we're being honest, who gives his best whenever he plays, as a tree.

Have FTF hired you in some role btw? You seem very defensive of what they do.

Again, the views expressed in it should be their own. They aren't calling him a cunt. He's a big boy. Tree is fine. If he is upset by it he should stop being such a fucking tree all of the time.

And yes, you have got it. Now they are at 100,000 subs they have employed me on retainer to defend them online. My payment is one packet of Jaffa cakes each month.

It has nothing to do with me finding the podcast created by three PNE fans not afraid to put themselves into the public domain a genuinely enjoyable listen that seems free from the endless negativity that inflicts these forums (and PNE fans in general tbh). Nothing at all.

Again, the views expressed in it should be their own. They aren't calling him a cunt. He's a big boy. Tree is fine. If he is upset by it he should stop being such a fucking tree all of the time.

And yes, you have got it. Now they are at 100,000 subs they have employed me on retainer to defend them online. My payment is one packet of Jaffa cakes each month.

It has nothing to do with me finding the podcast created by three PNE fans not afraid to put themselves into the public domain a genuinely enjoyable listen that seems free from the endless negativity that inflicts these forums (and PNE fans in general tbh). Nothing at all.
Couldn't even afford a packet of jaffa cakes at the minute, @Durutti!