PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Can we seriously challenge for top 6?

No we cant seriously challenge for the top 6....

We might be able to climb to a single number position, 8 or 9 etc, but the top 6 look like remaining the top 6.

everyone below them is far to inconsistent, incl us.

No we cant seriously challenge for the top 6....

We might be able to climb to a single number position, 8 or 9 etc, but the top 6 look like remaining the top 6.

everyone below them is far to inconsistent, incl us.
By 'challenge' i'd say cut the gap and go close like previous seasons under Neil, actually getting 6th would mean one or two teams collapsing (possible) and us avoiding injuries and having a striker who scores consistently (impossible).

And he's scapegoated at every opportunity.
He was being lauded up massively after a couple of good games and rightly criticised after being ripped apart after a couple of games, not sure i've seen much scapegoating of the guy, unless i've just missed it.

It t could be our season for the play offs, but don't give up on automatic yet.

Hmmm... Team finishing 2nd usually has 88-91pts.

Even being super hopeful that 85 would be enough, that needs 50 pts from 21 games (2.38 per match - equivalent to 109pts per season). So good luck with that 😁

*sigh*

How is it so difficult for people to spell our players’ names right?
Being dyslexic I have always had difficulty with spelling.....but it is the spelling that is the problem NOTTHE SENTIMENT OR IDEA!
Please NEVER dismiss someone, or their opinion, simply because of a spelling error.
Sorry if this seems an overreaction but I have been criticised for spelling mistakes since childhood and it gets tiresome after 60 years!

Being dyslexic I have always had difficulty with spelling.....but it is the spelling that is the problem NOTTHE SENTIMENT OR IDEA!
Please NEVER dismiss someone, or their opinion, simply because of a spelling error.
Sorry if this seems an overreaction but I have been criticised for spelling mistakes since childhood and it gets tiresome after 60 years!
Fair enough. Wasn’t just aimed at you but apologies.

Just put this on another thread:

Ridiculous as it sounds... if Bournemouth do lose for a 5th consecutive game, and stuttering Boro don't beat in-form Brentford, then we will be just 3 points off the play-offs if we can get a home win against Rotherham.

We'd need these loan players to hit the ground running - but if they do, the season isn't dead.

Just put this on another thread:

Ridiculous as it sounds... if Bournemouth do lose for a 5th consecutive game, and stuttering Boro don't beat in-form Brentford, then we will be just 3 points off the play-offs if we can get a home win against Rotherham.

We'd need these loan players to hit the ground running - but if they do, the season isn't dead.
I the love blind optimism, that comes with a run of positive results. I’m hoping we can win a couple back to back and start dreaming.

I the love blind optimism, that comes with a run of positive results. I’m hoping we can win a couple back to back and start dreaming.
We’ve got 1 point from our last 5 games and haven’t lost any ground on the top 6. There has been no run of positive results.

The league is fucking awful

We will challenge for nothing, with a manager who sets up every game to preserve the draw !
Also in the ugliest way possible by the way !

I like to look at the numbers as well as the current table and form.

Basically a team usually makes the play-offs if they have at least 70 points, but the average is just below 74.

So, 74 points after 46 games, when we've currently got 36 from 27 games!

We thus need 38 points in our remaining 19 games, which is exactly 2 points per game.

Not impossible, but personally I can't see it. Put that in context - 2 points per game over the season would be 92 points and is certainly top 2, probably title winners. (Norwich are currently top with 55 points from 27 games)