PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stockley to Charlton - Loan - (Confirmed)

You will find the Charlton-Swindon highlight amongst others here:

There is actually a nice bit of skill from Stockley in the build-up to Charlton's first goal.
Bloody hell Ernest, you’ve completely dropped a bollock on this one!

Why would they, I don’t see any Championship clubs after Pearson, Johnson, or Davies either.
Pretty sure Bournemouth bid for Davies in the summer and Pearson has been linked with stoke and Brentford this window and in the past.

Are they not championship clubs?

And we all know them three are much better players for us than stockley or harrop will ever be.

Stockley wasn't on the pitch for their first goal.

Then he seems to have a double though on closer inspection the fellow I thought was Stockley seems to have shorter hair and no beard. But whatever I was pleased to see Charlton get back level - they are a nice club similar in many ways to us.

I didn’t say he was forced on Neil. The player was obviously scouted and was doing well for Exeter at the time. But when you have a list of signings and you only manage to get fourth/fifth choice you sort of have sympathy for the manager.

People are suggesting that it’s Neil’s style of play which hasn’t worked for stockley not stockley himself which is one of the most ludicrous things I’ve ever seen.
Most agree stockley isn’t up to standard, but he doesn’t pick the tactics and he didn’t sign himself. So given he doesn’t fit our system he was doomed to fail from the start so all in all a waste of money.

I don’t get the criticism towards him as he did the most he could with the opportunities he had. Criticise the decision to sign him not the player himself.

People are suggesting that it’s Neil’s style of play which hasn’t worked for stockley not stockley himself which is one of the most ludicrous things I’ve ever seen.

I agree 100% with that. He has had so many chances to be a massive success here if he had it in him. He is quite obviously a L1 striker who had a crack. Would probably say the same about himself. No crime in that and we have had plenty of these lads at the club.

You will find the Charlton-Swindon highlight amongst others here:

There is actually a nice bit of skill from Stockley in the build-up to Charlton's first goal.
Ernest...you’ve been hacked.

Give over will you. I never even mentioned Neil in that post you biff. You seem to have a persecution complex and turn everything into a debate about the manager.

Everyone involved is collectively responsibile. Harrop has been here years, we just gave him a new contract and have only just loaned him out for the first time. He should have been loaned out ages ago.

If that's not mismanagement of a player then I don't know what is. However, as far as you're concerned the club can do no wrong, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You do know Rovers have just picked up another youngster we released, but I guess he wasn't good enough either, like Dolan.

No the club can do wrong. You’ve mentioned that about me before which quite frankly is shite. I have been critical of Hemmings and the way he runs this football club.

Who I’m not that critical of is Neil who I think with our resources is doing a pretty good job. I have stuck up for Neil as quite often he gets his fourth or fifth choice signing rather than the Ones he chooses. I have even mentioned it in this thread but as usual you struggle to understand. If that’s not critical of the way this club is run then I don’t know what is.

Rovers I couldn’t give a shit what they do. Some of our fans seem a bit obsessed and envious of rovers for some strange reason despite us finishing above them for the past five seasons.

Pretty sure Bournemouth bid for Davies in the summer and Pearson has been linked with stoke and Brentford this window and in the past.

Are they not championship clubs?
Do you have links that actually evidence the interest in Pearson in this window or is it just the usual nonsense on this list?

Stockley wasn't on the pitch for their first goal.
Wasn't it Lukas Podolski who won a World Cup winners medal in 2014 without playing a minute. The guy was always smiling and laughing at the end of every game - maybe he contributed to team morale.

Do you have links that actually evidence the interest in Pearson in this window or is it just the usual nonsense on this list?

There is quite a few links. Probably isn’t true but Ben Pearson is a top championship player. Stockley isn’t.

There is quite a few links. Probably isn’t true but Ben Pearson is a top championship player. Stockley isn’t.
Meanwhile, LancsLive understands there has been no interest in midfielder Ben Pearson as of yet

Then he seems to have a double though on closer inspection the fellow I thought was Stockley seems to have shorter hair and no beard. But whatever I was pleased to see Charlton get back level - they are a nice club similar in many ways to us.
I’ve always liked Charlton, ever since I went there in the early 70’s. I was in the queue to buy a ticket when someone shoved a complementary ticket in my hand. PNE won 3-2 if I remember correctly. Also, Charlton gave us that Grezza moment.

I didn’t say he was forced on Neil. The player was obviously scouted and was doing well for Exeter at the time. But when you have a list of signings and you only manage to get fourth/fifth choice you sort of have sympathy for the manager.

What people are suggesting is that Stockleys style of play is not what he required and shouldn’t have been signed in the first place, the fact that is is a step too far for him doesn’t seem to be an argument with most people.

The fact that Neil ? Signed the player knowing he didn’t fit the profile he wanted is what matters, obviously the counter argument is that Neil had no say in the matter, if he didn’t he should stand his corner and at least if he cant sign his first or even second choice he should tell them not to waste money signing players he doesn’t want.

It was said earlier that the last window and this one up to now look like he may have started to do this a bit?

View attachment 2799
Spitting image of each other ernest

Similar build but I was not watching on full screen and I did genuinely think it was Stockley. Maybe a bit of wish fulfilment involved since as I indicated earlier Stockley is a player I like and I hope his loan is successful. Be good if Charlton got promoted because if we don't then we would have a match there next season and it is always an enjoyable place to be. Anyhow gave you all something to help get you through the evening before the serious business of tomorrow.

I’ve always liked Charlton, ever since I went there in the early 70’s. I was in the queue to buy a ticket when someone shoved a complementary ticket in my hand. PNE won 3-2 if I remember correctly. Also, Charlton gave us that Grezza moment.

I remember that we won 3-2 there in the FA Cup - was there really a time we won FA Cup matches - in 66 on our way to the Quarter Finals though I was not at the match. They had it even worse than us in the 80s - we merely had a decrepit ground with failed floodlights while they abandoned their ground for I think it was about two seasons and played at Crystal Palace. Be like us having to play out home games at... I really can't bring myself to say it. I actually worked not too far away at the time and sometimes rode past the derelict Valley on the train - you could actually see the grass a couple of feet tall on the pitch. When you see something like that you realise that you cannot take anything for granted in football - not even the existence of the club. (Anyhow thanks for evading my little faux pas earlier).