PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Reading - 24/01/2021 - KO:12:30 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
Matchday.png

1880badge.png
1611329195830.png
Preston North End V Reading
Sunday 24th January 2021 , Kick Off 12:30PM
Sky Sports Football
Any links or requests for illegal streaming will be deleted.
Championship
Match Preview: Preston North End FC

This is quite a big game for us today. A win could see us up to 8th and just 4 points off the playoffs, and also gain 3 points on one of the challengers.

One interesting stat that I noticed is that Reading have scored the first goal in 9 of their away games this season but only finished up winning one of them. In those 9 games they’ve W1 D2 L6 which is a poor return when you consider how important the first goal is considered to be.

COYW⚽️

Tough match. Reading had a few of their best players missing when we won there who will be back today. Looking forwards to seeing our newest recruits.

Waiting for AN’s selections with interest.
Square pegs????
Whoever, let’s play in the front foot, get a manager back who bollocks a player for playing a backward pass. Who kicks the odd water bottle.
AN & the team to show desire and commitment. From minute one and not just for 25 minutes of a match.
On TV, let’s give a good account of ourselves and pick up the 3 points.
#fortressdeepdale

This is quite a big game for us today. A win could see us up to 8th and just 4 points off the playoffs, and also gain 3 points on one of the challengers.

One interesting stat that I noticed is that Reading have scored the first goal in 9 of their away games this season but only finished up winning one of them. In those 9 games they’ve W1 D2 L6 which is a poor return when you consider how important the first goal is considered to be.

COYW⚽️
Apologies regarding the stat above. I must have had a senior moment as I’ve just rechecked it. Those results W1 D2 L6 are when the opponent scored first. They’ve scored the first goal in 5 of their away games and went on to win 4 of the m.

Apologies regarding the stat above. I must have had a senior moment as I’ve just rechecked it. Those results W1 D2 L6 are when the opponent scored first. They’ve scored the first goal in 5 of their away games and went on to win 4 of the m.
Hopefully Neil hasn’t already told the team to let them score based on your advice or were all blaming you

Iverson
Browne hunts Davies Hughes
Whiteman ledson
Potts Molumby SS
Riis

Same 11 for me.
I think the midfield 3of whiteman, ledson and molumby could prove to be a brilliant 3 throughout the season.

Potts very underrated and should have the right side of the3 as his own for a few games. He just seems to be everywhere, is far more creative than given credit for and his defensive work is second to none.
Now needs a run in the side.
Riis must start the next 5 or 6 no matter ... he is never going to learn or kmprove without playing so it is his time now. The offsides on weds was annoying but improved dramatically inthe 2nd half and that is no coincidence that so did we as a team.

COYW

When we won at Reading 0-3 we had a back 4 of Fisher,Huntington,Storey & Rafferty, which may surprise some. Ejaria was missing for them that night but Olise was playing and I’ve read he could be missing from today’s game.

Iverson
Browne Huntington Davies Hughes
Whiteman Pearson
Barkhuizen Molumby Sinclair
Riis
😎

Waiting for AN’s selections with interest.
Square pegs????
Whoever, let’s play in the front foot, get a manager back who bollocks a player for playing a backward pass. Who kicks the odd water bottle.
AN & the team to show desire and commitment. From minute one and not just for 25 minutes of a match.
On TV, let’s give a good account of ourselves and pick up the 3 points.
#fortressdeepdale
🤣🤣

Championship 20-21 Game 26
PNEFC - Reading

Team News
PNE
No Changes for PNE in the main side, 1 on the Bench in comes O'Reilly out goes Earl
Esfm_6FWMAMfg5h

Reading
EsfkyyeXAAIahum

Probably right choice to go unchanged. Can we finally play well after being unchanged for once. Bench not got much attacking options

No Olise for Reading