PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

As I feared....basically thinks the last 8 games will translate into 40 next season. I wish Frankie the very best but I fear it's naive thinking and he won't be backed enough.

Other clubs will continue to cheat the system so thinking half the league will go bust is again wishful thinking. You could argue Derby this season signed a better standard of player still despite nearly getting relegated so they're a classic example, QPR would be another and they had a very strong end to the season themselves.

More of the same next season so really nothing much to be excited about while status quo at the very top remains.

Very worrying part in that is in regards to the squad. I interpret that as ‘we won a few dead rubber games towards the end of the season, so we’re not going to spend much money this summer as the squad doesn’t need improving’

Our squad is poor. A majority of our players are of League 1 standard. The bloke is a loon and if we don’t spend money this summer, next season will be horrendous

Agree with this.

TH / PR obviously think the squad is good enough based on the last 8 games, forget the fact that we were shite for the majority of the other 38.

You think ST prices will be reduced?

I would genuinely be absolutely amazed if that happens.

The only thing that will be reduced is the number of sales IMHO.

Well he's certainly hinted at that hasn't he?

By reduced by the way, I mean something like 5%, not slashing them to £250.

Peter Ridsdale is probably completely baffled by how his attempts at communication are received.

The reason is, he is an old man, in a young technological world, advising an even older man in the terms they both remember and understand from a bygone age.

Just look at the Barnsley CEO. A smart young man full of modern ideas and capability. Not a fusty whiff of piss and cabbage anywhere in the Oakwell air!

Mbcha hit the nail on the head with is likening of Ridsdale’s words to those of his Dad preaching prudence. Generation gap?

It is notable that his statement does not mention his own role(s) or the role of Beet in this new managerless set up. Despite the recruitment of Beet and formally abolishing the manager role, he reassuringly tells us Nothing going forward changes what has been custom and practice at PNE for the last ten years 😲!

Wake up Peter!! It bloody well needs to!!

It is as clear as the nose on Cloth Cap’s equine face. Peter Ridsdale is a total busted flush - not that he has ever been otherwise - and his only role should be the identification and recruitment of his replacement! Someone who has the experience, relative youth and skills to make PNE fit the age it operates in.

You think ST prices will be reduced?

I would genuinely be absolutely amazed if that happens.

The only thing that will be reduced is the number of sales IMHO.
i can't see how they can reduce season ticket prices without pissing off those of us who paid last year and rolled them over to this season, unless we get a voucher for the difference to spend in the shop or get a partial refund

i can't see how they can reduce season ticket prices without pissing off those of us who paid last year and rolled them over to this season, unless we get a voucher for the difference to spend in the shop or get a partial refund

My logic was that they would actually increase not only cos of all the Covid related stuff but also cos it would then be a reward for all those who did roll them over cos they would obviously be cheaper.

I must be getting old.
I understand the and accept the statement made by PR. There are limitations that we have to work under.
We might not be funded in the way some would like - ie multi million pound players and wages. To an extent I prefer it. It keeps us as more of a community feel club rather than a global marketing brand.
I hope we make progress this year. If we can get Iverson and VDB. Then that will help in that quest. We need to remove a couple of players but we have the basis of a good effective team
Looking around at teams that are letting a hell of a lot of players go. Is it really that bad to be a PNE supporter.
Im sure that Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe and Rotherham would have gladly swapped places with us.
I will put my tin hat on now.

I must be getting old.
I understand the and accept the statement made by PR. There are limitations that we have to work under.
We might not be funded in the way some would like - ie multi million pound players and wages. To an extent I prefer it. It keeps us as more of a community feel club rather than a global marketing brand.
I hope we make progress this year. If we can get Iverson and VDB. Then that will help in that quest. We need to remove a couple of players but we have the basis of a good effective team
Looking around at teams that are letting a hell of a lot of players go. Is it really that bad to be a PNE supporter.
Im sure that Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe and Rotherham would have gladly swapped places with us.
Don't think you need to put the hat on Ron, I personally think the common opinion we need to chuck more at it has changed. We need to to better with the massive investment from the owner as it is, it's like we're doomed to work within the limitations of the owners investment rather than asking 'what can we do with this investment that's different? That engages the support? That potentially can make us self-sufficient?'
It's just the same old shit. We're a Jurassic club.

Talk and soundbites mean jack shit............... Outcomes and results are everything and proof of the pudding is in the eating...... All we can do is wait and see if it's all bollocks or a fresh approach. I suspect it will result in the same old same old. Be great if my cynical side is proven to be wrong. :)

I must be getting old.

I'm conflicted........

I dont know if I prefer it when PR / the Club didnt communicate and everyone complained about it OR
now they do communicate and everyone complains about it !...

I guess, unless PR reads out a pre prepared statement constructed by the forum on what we demand, then I have to choose which complaints I want to read in the closed season...

I guess, bottom line, I'm glad we still have a club at a reasonable level that still plays at its original ground and has values I like...
I think it could be better, always could have been better since TH had any involvement, but it could be worse too...

Which 'Lancashire team' do I envy NOW? cant say any other then Burnley....

The first draft of this statement was very different.

Covid-19
All clubs in the Championship have faced similar problems in regard to Covid. It's the responsibility of our owner to ensure wages are paid. We have no external debt largely because when we have sold players for large fees we do not reinvest large sums of money back into the squad.

Football
On the field performances have been largely poor for 18+ months, yet the club were happy with the abject performances; regularly telling supporters that they had a too high level of expectation and not enough patience. We left the sacking of Alex Neil for as long as possible, as we firmly believed he was the best man to grind out a championship existence.

Some people suggested that the squad was not good enough to compete, and our results since proved categorically we should have sacked Alex Neil much sooner i.e. immediately after the capitulation against Rovers at home.

Our poor squad strengthening in recent years has largely been because we have no real strategy or awareness of what players would aid the managers style of play. But we want to base all future optimism on the last eight games of the season as that makes zero sense and suits our short term philosophy.

We will continue to allow players to enter the last 12 months of their contracts. We won't offer them proper wages to secure our best players. It is likely more players will fancy a change of scenery due to this lack of ambition.

We have made the switch to a "head coach" rather than a manager as again it suits our entire philosophy. We require staff to nod in agreement and be happy to have a job. We signed up new recruitment analyst James Beet but we wish to make it crystal clear it will not alter our recruitment policy. We don't personally believe in modern ideas at PNE.

Euxton Training Ground
We fooled fans into supporting plans for a new training ground but at least we purchased Euxton. We think it was prudent to wait as long as possible to join other clubs in the 21st century. It's also saved cash on renting somewhere for our youths to play.

Academy
We operate what is known as a Category 3 Academy which demonstrates our complete lack of respect of understanding for youth football. Rather than fund a proper academy that could help enhance the clubs future for decades to come, we prefer to send our ragtag collection of youths on trips to non league outfits before releasing them. In doing so we are able to sign up the likes of Nugent and Harrop on 500k per year contracts who offer a similar inability to play first team football. Organising a Cat 2 academy would take ambition and hard work. We do not have time for all that nonsense at PNE.

Sponsorship
We have happily took money from betting companies for years because it's the easiest approach and we have zero interest in the fact betting is a huge problem in the UK and do not worry about promoting gambling addiction or any concerns our fans might have.

Recently all football clubs were made aware betting companies would likely to be soon banned from being shirt sponsors. So, sadly we will need an announce a non betting sponsor soon. The reduced revenue we create will come out of our transfer budget.

European Super League
When the misguided European Super League was announced a few weeks ago all facets of football stood against it. Not just PNE. Some of the club's involved hadn't won anything in 60 years... much like us.

49 different clubs have played in the premier League including most of our north west neighbours. But rather than concern ourselves with why North End haven't achieved that, we just want to make you aware that on one specific statistic (that we will not explain) PNE are the second most successful club promoted to the championship in the last six years. (Please ignore barnsleys play off finish)

The phrase "sooner rather than later" does not fit our philosophy at all but it sounds good. We just hope some of you are alive to see it.

Return Of Fans And Season Tickets
The absence of fans allowed us to offer a standard of football that was often unwatchable at times. We've held off putting season tickets on sale because its unlikely to have seen a successful take up from fans.

The main objective of this long winded statement today was to prepare fans to be ready to fork out £400+ next season. There wil be no grand scheme to see deepdale full to capacity anytime soon.

You can expect some token offer for certain young age groups but most of you will be paying top dollar at Deepdale. When the announcement is made please don't moan, as we have no interest in hearing your views.

The last 18 months has reinforced the idea the idea that fans are the heartbeat of football. Whilst we appreciate the sentiment we know there is only one fan that matters. And he resides on the Isle of Man

I don't say you're right or wrong. But you seem to be forgetting (like some others) that PNE are some six million quid short each year. Any constructive ideas who's going to give it to us, if Hemmings was to sling his hook?
Well you can either go for it and become self sufficient or do things on the cheap, operate on a monthly loss and plug the gaps! Has anybody been able to see what Trevors aim is yet? Surely he cant complain about putting all the money in because why would that ever change?

More positive than negative there for me.

A large slice of reality for those wanting us to start throwing money about. We wont. And I tend to agree with why, although it is frustrating seeing others do it and get lucky.

Realistically though the league is in financial disarray but we aren't. Tipping point isn't far off. They urgently need to sort out parachute payments and equalizing everything . Until then we are always fighting an uphill battle.

Good news on the shirt sponsor and u19 team.

Enjoyed the dig at Spurs.

Thanks Peter for the latest patronising statement. It's obvious you have told McAvoy the job is yours but you will have to do with the squad you have.

If other clubs are skint, surely now is the time to try and get the best players and go for Promotion?

The whole setup stinks and the fans have nothing to look forward to except being grateful for being in the championship and another mid-table finish. On the other hand, FM is grateful to be given the job!

Look luck with the ST sales!!

Last edited: