PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

White Ball Cricket 2021

A thriller in the end. 19needed off 2 overs.

SIX to start the 49th

Edit - and another!

edit - I think and another- but cricinfo getting a bit mixed up ( now deleted!)
There was a no ball the last ball of over 48 and they spent the next 5 minutes trying to attribute the 6 Lamb got off the free hit in a wide variety of ways.

Doesn’t excuse the utter ineptitude of some of the shots from the top order but marvellous stuff from Lamb, Bailey and Hurt and Jones to a lesser degree.

On such fine margins, it’s hard to be sure. But you have to think that the inexperience of the Sussex lads can’t have helped them.

We were 119/7 at one point. With 10 overs remaining, we needed 102 to win, with 3 wickets left. You don’t win many from there.

He’s a bloody awful commentator!

Will someone tell Peterson to put a sock in it!

One hell of a batter, just crap with the natter!

He’s a bloody awful commentator!

Will someone tell Peterson to put a sock in it!

One hell of a batter, just crap with the natter!
He talks absolute garbage and his ‘excitement’ is so obviously manufactured. Commentators like David Lloyd are just so natural and you can sense how much they’re loving doing what they're doing but Pietersen spoils any game he commentates on.

Just saw this in Faceache. Not my work but really made me smile.

I’ve just invented a new cricket format, folks. Brace yourselves, because this is going to save the game! I call it the 80.

Rules

*80 balls per innings.
*To complete a run, batters must cartwheel down the pitch.
*4 overs a side, 20 balls per over.
*bowlers can only bowl 1.5 overs per innings.
*batters must wear blindfolds during bowling power play.
*Keeper must wear oven mitts instead of keeping gloves.
*bowler and fielders must wear blindfolds during batting power play
*Each power play last for 1.75 overs and can be taken at any time.
*If the fielding team takes a catch, the batter is not out, but must only use one arm to bat.
*If a catch is taken with one hand, the batter must bat with one one arm and one leg.
*If a catch is taken between a fielder’s buttocks, the batter is out and must leave the playing area immediately.
*Drinks break after the 2nd over of each innings. During the drinks break, the batting 12th man will bring a goat onto the field and all players must pet it at least 5 times during the alotted 5 minutes.
*No facial hair allowed, unless it is being worn for religious reasons.

What do you all think? It’s still a work in progress. Please feel free to suggest rules and revisions in the comments below.

Just got back from Sedbergh. How they turned it around was fantastic. Up until the last 12 or so overs they were lousy. Great finish, tremendous from Lamb. The free hit was huge. Great day, Sedbergh looked stunning today.
I hope you had plenty of sun cream! The ground looked absolutely beautiful on the stream, I decided I’ll be going next time we play there.

I hope you had plenty of sun cream! The ground looked absolutely beautiful on the stream, I decided I’ll be going next time we play there.
We took a parasol, we were the only ones on the ground with one. I lived up there a few years back so it's always nice to visit and check out my old haunts. Lovely place.

I’ve just invented a new cricket format, folks. Brace yourselves, because this is going to save the game! I call it the 80.

Rules

*80 balls per innings.
*If the fielding team takes a catch, the batter is not out, but must only use one arm to bat.
*If a catch is taken with one hand, the batter must bat with one one arm and one leg.
*If a catch is taken between a fielder’s buttocks, the batter is out and must leave the playing area immediately.
*Drinks break after the 2nd over of each innings. During the drinks break, the batting 12th man will bring a goat onto the field and all players must pet it at least 5 times during the alotted 5 minutes.

What do you all think? It’s still a work in progress. Please feel free to suggest rules and revisions in the comments below.
An extra rule - all players must drink 5 double rums before taking to the field.

(The women are allowed babycham.)

F

Rules

*80 balls per innings.

I’m sure Mr Boycott will be the first to sign up.🤔

I suspect most people on here will remember Scott Boswell. It’s 20 years since his infamous over in the List A final at Lords when he bowled 8 wide deliveries and his cricket career effectively ended because of his yips. This is a long interview but very revealing - he watched a video of his over during the interview for the first time.

I suspect most people on here will remember Scott Boswell. It’s 20 years since his infamous over in the List A final at Lords when he bowled 8 wide deliveries and his cricket career effectively ended because of his yips. This is a long interview but very revealing - he watched a video of his over during the interview for the first time.

Some of the balls in that over were decent enough. And it's not like he bowled 8 back-to-back wides.

Or got smashed for a load of sixes in the last over of a world cup T20 game.

Some of the balls in that over were decent enough. And it's not like he bowled 8 back-to-back wides.

Or got smashed for 6 sixes in the last over of a world cup T20 game.
I suspect player welfare or support wasn’t the same 20 years ago, he was probably left to his own devices and couldn’t recover. The fact he lost his contract weeks after that game was shocking, he’d taken wickets in the semi final against Lancashire to get them there!

Played as Pro at Preston for a bit

I suspect player welfare or support wasn’t the same 20 years ago, he was probably left to his own devices and couldn’t recover. The fact he lost his contract weeks after that game was shocking, he’d taken wickets in the semi final against Lancashire to get them there!
Just read the cricketer article on Scott Boswell. Very good read. Until today, I'd never heard of him. I also watched the footage of the final, with Richie Benaud's astute commentary. What a shame.
Whilst reading up on one or two other things, I stumbled over Lancashire player, Jamie Haynes, who played late 90s early 2000s. Yet another, who seems to have escaped my memory.